How'd it go Erin?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How'd it go Erin?

Postby buttgirl » 22 Feb 2008, 11:17

Just wanted to wish you luck for the op today. Let us know how it goes.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: How'd it go Erin?

Postby Guest » 22 Feb 2008, 11:19

Yes, Erin, check in when you can. Been praying for you this morning!

Postby Guest » 22 Feb 2008, 14:06

Erin, we are thinking of you girl. Please let us know how you are feeling...

Patty

Postby Guest » 22 Feb 2008, 15:25

How fun that you guys started this thread for me. I love it! So surgery went well. Mr Dr was held up in the case before me so I had to wait two extra hours, the whole time watching my mother drink water right in front of me. I was dying, hehe. I was also real nauseaous and had taken a laxative in the morning to clean everything out but then felt sick and empty from it, not to mention hungry. I was put out under local anesthesia. I can't imagine having general for a procedure like this or anything with the butt really. General is where they breath for you, intubate you, and you are highly higly sedated. Anyways, just wanted to clarify that since I see ppl asking about types of sedation and from my experience as a patient and nurse general is for very serious, long procedures.
Right now i'm in pain 6/10 even after taking two percocets and a valium. I'm kinda agitated and probably not the nicest person to be around but I think it's the meds and just being tired. I have an anal dressing which isn't that comfortable but I'm too lazy and loopy to take it off and see what's down there. I will keep everyone updated but for now I am going to bed. Thanks again!

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Feb 2008, 16:03

Hey Erin - CONGRATS !!! You got a "butt lift" ; )) girl ! Pain will case down - don't worry, just take it easy , stay off your butt (lay on your belly if you can), and rest. Don't be scared of your first poop - it will be MUCH less painful than you are imagining that it will be! Nothing to compare to fissure pain !!! Don't forget taking long soaks !!! The worst is behind you now - relax and imagine all the things you will be doing in near future ! Regarding dressing - I hated it and I took it off as soon as I came home - it was just peace of gaze but it felt like they put a "log" between my cheeks. I used regular panty liners to protect my underwear , nothing else.
BIG HUG and best wishes !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 22 Feb 2008, 16:09

i can't believe you only had local anesthesia! how brave! what position were you in for the surgery? the last thing i remember before they totally knocked me out was laying on my back, looking at some scary leg stirrups hanging right above me. that was a horrible image to pass out to!
i'm also impressed you're already posting! get some rest :)
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby val » 22 Feb 2008, 16:10

Have you had the LIS, Erin? I must have missed the thread!
Glad it went well for you, things can only get better from now on. Sorry you're in a lot of pain, but in the next few days it should get a lot better.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Feb 2008, 16:31

I had my LIS with local +twilight ! Just super combo! You don't feel a thing, you are dosing off and have no side effects from general. I was laying on my belly during surgery - very comfortable position. Last thing I saw was very cute anesthesiologist sitting by my side , he he, smiling. I smiled back and was "goner" in a split of second...BAMMER !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 22 Feb 2008, 17:12

Glad you hear you are back! You are such a trooper.

Take it easy!

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 22 Feb 2008, 17:17

Happy to hear it went well, Erin! It must be a major relief to have it over with. Hope you heal quickly!
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?