How deep inside?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How deep inside?

Postby DasProblem » 08 Apr 2016, 10:36

Hi,

I have a question: I've seen some pictures of chronic and acute anal fissures in this forum. Right now I have one diagnosed on my left (which can't be seen like it is shown on the pictures, it's deeper inside my anus) plus I am diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia (which one can never be 100% sure of).

So my question is: How deep inside the anus can a fissure be? I'm asking because I think it might just be a chronic anal fissure (pain is somewhat similar to my diagnosed fissure. I think it's about 4-6cm deep in my anus (very hard to give a good estimate though). Could a fissure be that deep inside?

Greetings and thanks in advance.
DasProblem
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: How deep inside?

Postby Savaici » 12 Apr 2016, 14:06

Sorry for the delay in replying and welcome to the group.

Fissures at points different than the 12 or 6 o'clock position are a little less common.

I really think you should speak to a colon and rectal surgeon about this, especially with your PN diagnosis.

Let us know :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby DasProblem » 12 Apr 2016, 18:10

Thanks for your answer... actually what made me curious was you saying (in another thread) that you were once misdiagnosed with pn. What did it turn out to be in your case? "Only" a fissure?

I'll keep you informed, got my next appointment in the last week of the month :)
DasProblem
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 13 Apr 2016, 20:10

Yes, "only" an anal fissure, and it took me to tell the doctor that it might be an AF to actually get somewhere :evil:
Savaici
Administrator

Postby DasProblem » 13 Apr 2016, 20:49

So basically I'm about to do the same thing, telling my Dr. that I still think it might be an anal fissure... so I might want her to do another proctoscopy.

So from looking at your signature, you did not undergo surgery? What was the reason for that? Was the spot too close to the pudendal nerve so it would be too dangerous to cut the fissure away?

Greetings,

Matthias
DasProblem
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 14 Apr 2016, 14:09

I just decided against further surgery on my rear end (had three hemorrhoid surgeries in my life...). So, I did dilation after a lot of humming and haaing on here about whether to do it. It took time, but it helped me.

I went into a lot about PN, going as far as contacting a very very good surgeon about it (Dr. Tibet Erdogru in Turkey), but in the end just came to the conclusion the bum and female parts are so close that the pain was referred. :sunny:
Savaici
Administrator