How do you know? ...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How do you know? ...

Postby SunshineHope » 01 Sep 2007, 14:48

Hello Jellos,
I must've asked this question already but how do you really know when your fissure has healed? No blood? No pain? Because I haven't had blood in a long time and I haven't been having much pain either but that's probably because I use a stool softener every now and then. Is there any way of knowing when you're totally healed? I have 2 fissures so it's kind of hard to tell.
Another Q: WHY is it so so so important to eat fiber? Is it just to stay regular? Or does it actually make BMs softer/more smooth?
Thanksssss my fellow sunshines! Image
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: How do you know? ...

Postby Guest » 01 Sep 2007, 16:06

I didn't know for awhile. I still had pain and it wasn't until the CRS told me it was healed that I knew. I still had quite a bit of pain from a skin tag (sentinel pile). But yes, prior to that the bleeding had gone away (though from time to time it still occurred).
Soluble fiber helps to absorb water so your stool are soft and insoluble is bulk forming and helps to move things along and keeps things easier to pass.
All you need to know about fiber is summed up in three words:
All Bran Buds

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2007, 05:39

Lecia.....All Bran Buds is my main source of fiber too. My CRS recommended 1/2 cup per day, which is about 20 grams of fiber.
The problem is I am getting really tired of eating them everyday. Dairy doesn't seem to bother me, so I eat them for breakfast mixed with fruit loops. I ate them this morning mixed with yogurt.
Do you have other suggestions on what to mix them with to make them taste better?
Thanks,
Jennie

Postby buttgirl » 04 Sep 2007, 10:13

If you think you're healed keep up whatever you are doing for two months. Then if you think you are healed keep up everything for another month and then slowly, slowly make small changes to your diet. I think part of the reason the hemmie turned fissure was that I tried to eat too many normal foods too soon.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 04 Sep 2007, 10:20

I don't really have any suggestions for All Bran Buds except I do put an awful lot of Stevia (a natural sweetener) in it and vanilla soymilk. I let it sit for about 15 minutes to soften and absorb the liquid so it isn't as crunchy. I don't love it and consider it medicinal in a way but it helps and I am not fooling with what works!