How I am healing my fissure

Try this, it may help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

How I am healing my fissure

Postby Bottom Gun » 20 Jul 2021, 18:35

I have suffered from an anal fissure for 13 years.

Have done sitz baths, used Boudreaux Butt Paste (a great help), and taken Muralax for several years (helps a lot).

NOW I BELIEVE I AM CURING THE FISSURE ITSELF!

This is what I do:

1. Clean area as best you can.
2. Apply a thimbleful of Vaseline. Try to get some inside.
3. Protect your underwear with a pad or paper napkin.
4. Repeat about 12 times daily.
5. Continue for 4 weeks.

I am in my 18th day of doing this and truly believe the fissure is healed. No more pain, no more blood. No more swelling. Note – I am continuing to take 1 tablespoon Muralax daily. I don’t need a difficult stool to ruin the progress I’ve made.

Progress to date:

days 1-5. No noticeable changes
days 6-8, notable improvements, spotting is diminishing
day 9 spotting has stopped, no more pain
days 10- today, I believe the fissure has healed

This is an adaptation of the technique my surgeon prescribed to heal the 3” scar following a recent surgery to remove a small skin cancer on my neck. I thought – if it will work there, why not adapt this on other parts of the body. I think that a fissure is similar to a surgical scar, only smaller (thou it feels as big as the Grand Canyon).

This is definitely working for me. Vaseline and paper napkins are cheap.

I would try to avoid surgery or Botox treatment. I had hemorrhoid surgery many years ago, that recovery was difficult.

After my 4 weeks are over I intend to continue with the daily Muralax indefinitely, I NEVER want another fissure in my life.

Let this forum know if this works for anyone else, and good luck!
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: How I am healing my fissure

Postby Bottom Gun » 24 Jul 2021, 09:55

7/24/21 – Day 21, Three-week Update (NOTE to the moderators - I am posting this update here and on the POLL ON HEALTH topic because I committed to giving updates weekly for both topics and can't determine how to update both otherwise)

I have been applying the Vaseline for a full 3 weeks now. The results, to me, are nothing short of amazing. There is no more pain, no swelling at all, and no blood.

When I first began this method to treat my fissure, I was doubtful but hopeful.

The idea I had was to keep my fissure coated with a layer of Vaseline continuously for four weeks. My thought was by keeping it coated like this I would be shielding the fissure from the irritation of fecal matter to the extent possible, and to keep the surrounding skin moist, allowing the fissure to heal naturally.

During my first several days I was concerned that, by only using the Vaseline, and not the Boudreaux Butt Paste, the swelling would flare. It didn’t. For the first 5 days of using Vaseline everything appeared to be staying the same as with the Butt Paste.

Improvement began to be noticeable on day 6, and by day 10 I believe the fissure finally closed after 13 painfully long years.

Like I explained in my earlier updates, I started out by re-applying the Vaseline hourly. Since around day 15 my re-application interval has increased to around every 2 hours. This was made possible because of the healing that was taking place. Swelling was now non-existent. I believe that the skin covering the closed fissure is now strengthening.

I haven’t seen any posts about anyone else trying this. I may be a unique case, but I don’t believe that. I believe that the body will heal a fissure if you can shield the fissure from the irritation of fecal matter for a period long enough for the body to do its work. If you have tried this, it would be useful to let this forum know if you had any results, good or bad.

I will give another update after completing my four-week treatment.

Good luck to you all.
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby MyBumHasHurt » 28 Jul 2021, 18:31

Thank you, Bottom Gun, this is working for me. It took 9 days for the pain to stop. I love you!
MyBumHasHurt
Fibre Addict

Postby Bottom Gun » 29 Jul 2021, 06:58

Bottom Gun, I am using your idea and it is working for me. Thank you so much. It took eight days for the vaseline to finally begin the healing. Th burning I have suffered every day for the last seven years stopped. I am on my 12th day now. I have no more swelling. Thank you so much
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby Bottom Gun » 30 Jul 2021, 06:07

Four-week update – Today is my 28th day using the Vaseline on my fissure. It has been a complete success. I am free of pain, burning and the swelling.

I intend to continue with the Muralax daily. I also plan to apply a small amount of Vaseline once daily just as insurance.

After reading missy moo’s “Breakthrough” about her recent success I believe there may be a common thread between what she is doing and what has worked for me to heal. Before I began applying Vaseline hourly, to keep my fissure coated, I would only apply cream once or twice a day when my fissure was most painful.

Perhaps why missy moo and I are now succeeding is because we started applying a coating over our fissures frequently, many times daily, thereby keeping foreign irritants away from our fissures long enough for our bodies to heal.
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby Bottom Gun » 30 Jul 2021, 06:08

Four-week update – Today is my 28th day using the Vaseline on my fissure. It has been a complete success. I am free of pain, burning and the swelling.

I intend to continue with the Muralax daily. I also plan to apply a small amount of Vaseline once daily just as insurance.

After reading missy moo’s “Breakthrough” about her recent success I believe there may be a common thread between what she is doing and what has worked for me to heal. Before I began applying Vaseline hourly, to keep my fissure coated, I would only apply cream once or twice a day when my fissure was most painful.

Perhaps why missy moo and I are now succeeding is because we started applying a coating over our fissures frequently, many times daily, thereby keeping foreign irritants away from our fissures long enough for our bodies to heal.
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby Worstyear » 02 Aug 2021, 12:47

Hello! Thank you for that information! I'm doing my first GNT treatment, this is the 12th day. The doc told me last week I was making a lot of progress ans that it was healing (bleeding stopped the first two days of GNT, and im on a really high fiber vegan diet that really makes me go every single day) but friday and today I saw a little blood on the stools again because they were not that soft... I feel so frustrated.
I am sorry if this is a newbie question but, do you use liquid vaseline or solid vaseline? Do you apply it on the surface of the anus or a little deeper? Mine still hurts a lot so I cant seem to go more than on the surface :(
Thanks a lot again! This makes me feel hopeful!!
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby MyBumHasHurt » 06 Aug 2021, 11:50

Solid Vaseline, if you can't find it then any brand of petroleum jelly because that is what it is.
Apply on the surface, try to get some inside. If you can't get any inside don't give up, after a few days perhaps enough healing will make it easier. The key, I believe is to keep a continuous coating of petroleum jelly on the fissure to protect it from all irritants so that healing can occur.
MyBumHasHurt
Fibre Addict

Postby Bottom Gun » 07 Aug 2021, 07:12

Five week update - no real change from last week. I continue to apply petroleum jelly but at a reduced frequency. Now I apply a small amount of petroeum jelly about four times each day. My fissure is completely healed.

As I explained in my earlier updates it is my belief that by keeping a coating of petroleum jelly on my fissure for four weeks it provided a barrier that prevented irritants from coming into contact with my fissure thus allowing my body to heal my fissure naturally.

I hope others are able to heal using this approach. Good luck.
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 8923 » 08 Aug 2021, 06:33

it is now four weeks and i think i am healed.love this forum.
Deleted User 8923