How to apply coconut oil?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

How to apply coconut oil?

Postby Tushi » 13 Jun 2015, 07:57

I am reading old posts about sufferers using oils to relieve soreness, especially coconut oil. Someone please explain how to apply it. Also, if use of coconut or any other oil has been under medical advice. I just have an open wound ( almost 2 months) that is slowly improving and don't want to cause an infection or else.

Tushi
Tushi
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: How to apply coconut oil?

Postby Sufferingbadly » 20 Jun 2015, 16:45

Hi! I myself did research of natural ways to heal myself and I liked the things I read about coconut oil. It was not recommended to me by my doctor but the doctors I've seen were not oppose to me using it. I apply it on the outside but I also make coconut oil suppositories by making my own molds and putting it in the fridge to stay hard. When I insert the oil suppository, it melts rather quickly, causing a good amount of lubrication to help lessen any irritation. It would give me an almost instant relief. I do recommend you to try this method. After BM and also before you go to bed. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Tushi » 21 Jun 2015, 12:48

Many thanks for your reply. I had thought about making the suppositories but I couldn't figure out how to mold them.
I have been using Calmol 4
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-18817 ... al/details
Tushi
Salt Bather

Postby Sufferingbadly » 21 Jun 2015, 13:20

What I do is I take clear plastic wrap (the kind you use to cover open foods) and I wrap it around my pinky finger. It makes a perfect type if "mold" like a suppository. Then I pour the melted coconut oil into it and place it in the freezer for 5-10min for it to harden, then I put them in the fridge to stay hard.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Tushi » 21 Jun 2015, 21:49

Many thanks!!!!
Tushi
Salt Bather