How to heal FISSURE without surgery

HEALING ANAL FISSURE

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

How to heal FISSURE without surgery

Postby FissureHome » 31 Oct 2013, 15:43

Hello all i know your probably in misery right now as i am dealing with a fissure as well..Im gonna tell you how to heal your fissure.. i am not a doctor..Let me start from the beginning..About 5 weeks ago i woke up feeling my butthole super swollen and pain..Feeling pressure almost as if i was sitting on a golf ball but obviously i wasnt..it was unbearable to sit down..i couldnt bend over..didnt feel a cut of anykind was so swollen thats all i felt..figured it would go away so i gave it a couple days then i saw a little streak of bright red blood on toilet paper..i instantly made an appointment to see a proctolgist as i was scard to death..a couple days later i saw him and was diagnosed with a fissure..you should always see a doctor to see whats going on and not diagnose yourself..He gave me Dialtizam cream to apply and to take stool softner 2-3 times a day and take fiber gummies 4 a day.. get your body used to pooping 1 time a day it should be nice and soft and not hurt..i do it every morning and stay on the toilet for while dont rush and dont push it out breathe it out..and after every bowel movement it important to soak in warm/hot bath to stop muscles from spasming..i also noticed taking a slow walk would help loosen my buttmuscles as well..my butthole would wanna stay shut and keep opening and closing and thats when you feel pain and thats what makes your not heal.....thats what the surgery stops..but so does hot baths..after about 5 or 6 days i started to feel better then i squatted down to the floor to pick something up and bam sharp pain i guess i reripped it OUCH!(dont squat and be careful bending over dont step over high things, if you have a fissure,these are things the doc wont tell you i had to learn on my own,also for me i found sleeping on my side witha pillow inbetween my legs was very confortable and kept my butt from spasming out)so i was back at square 1. about 5 or 6 days later i started to feel better again(when i say better i dont mean healed just not in agony)and i woke up laying in my bed was yawning and kinda stretched just naturally as i always did and BAM tore it again..SMH..was so upset back at square 1..(dont stretch)lol you need to be gentle with this thing if your want it to heal..also i have been avoiding driving and sitting at all cost i know some poeple cant do that but im lucky enough to have my own business..so now by the end of week 3 im starting to feel better ..i didnt start to noticed a feeling of a paper cut but not severe pain like be4 just a little stinging and i also received something very important in the mail i ordered( DR WHEATGRASS SUPER BALM) google it! i truely think this is a big part of healing without surgery..so i started week applying dr wheatgrass super balm inside the anus with a qtip..squirt on qtip stick jsut the cotton inside then id flip the qtip and do it a second time to ensure good coverage..wheatgrass is an amazing healer ive come to learn..instantly felt releif as it lubricates inside..the creme the doc prescribes is only for the outside around the hole..i also started taking aloe pills and mutlli vitamin..after about 4 days wheatgrass the paper cut feeling was gone..so now 4 weeks have gone by which is today since i saw the doc the day for a follow up apointment which i got him to do for free cause i dont have insurance and im feeling 50 percent better able to sit for short periods of time not really feeling any pain except when butt spasms..usually only after poop or when sleeping in wrong position. Anyhow i just got back and he said in a surprising voice "it actaully looks alot better i must admit,but i did retear a little upon inspection" SMH so that where im at feels like a little paper cut in there but i put the wheatgrass and feeling better already i think the dr wheatgrass cream is really the main healer and soother..i will keep you updated any questions just ask i want to help people out as i know how bad this can hurt..im gonna give it another month if not i may do the surgery..its already stole a month of my life..hopefully id ont wake up tomorrow in pain from the inspection retear..
HEALING FISSURE TIPS:
ALOE VERA PILLS, DR WHEATGRASS SUPER BALM, MULTI VITAMIN, percribed DIALTIZAM, HOT BATH AFTER EVERY POOP, AVOID BENDING OR SQUATING OR STRETCHING, AVOID SITTING, Also i noticed if your get really stressed over something butt will start to spasm AVOID STRESS..
Hope this helping as these thing seems to be healing me i will update as i go on..GOOD LUCK! HEAL FAST!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: How to heal FISSURE without surgery

Postby FissureHome » 31 Oct 2013, 17:08

Or if anyone has any other tips that would be awesome!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Ever the Optimist » 31 Oct 2013, 18:22

Welcome Fissurehome & many thanks for your great tips.
It sounds like you have caught your fissure early and have acted very quickly & sensibly to nip this in the bud. Hopefully your healing will long continue!
It does go to show that the quicker you act, the more chance you have of treating a fissure early and absolutely, see a medic, preferably always a Colon & Rectal Surgeon as they will be able to diagnose this correctly. It sounds in your case Fissure, that you have an excellent GP (but sometimes not all of us are so lucky to find those!)
Just to add - ensure you are always drinking lots of water to keep your body & stools hydrated at all times & be careful to eat fissure-friendly foods (there are excellent tips on these on this website!)
Some may also need a stool softener to keep their stools softer at such times..........
I'd just finally add that cleaning up after BMs also needs to be very gentle and wet wipes or cleaning with a shower head are a lot better than harsh wiping with toilet paper. Lubricating the anal opening with Vaseline also helps a lot of us prior to a BM........
It's great to see what is working for you & wishing you all the very best with this :)
Thanks for posting!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby FissureHome » 01 Nov 2013, 05:20

Thanks EVER THE OPTIMIST for the reply and thanks for your wishes upon my healing!! Good tips you point out i forgot to mention thanks..i always wet the toilet paper and wipe softly..no spicy foods..lots of water all im drinking..and the dr wheatgrass lubricates for my bowel movements as well as soothes and heals and its an antibacterial..i really think thats whats helping me the most..and of course stool softner! I know i made a really long post up there so let me some it up i just want to help people as i know how bad this sucks..
-Stool softner is a must
-Fiber gummies or metamusil is a must
-Dr wheatgrass super balm(lubricates,soothes,heals,antibacterial so wont get infected) has great reveiws*
-Aloe Vera pills(healing and digestive)
-Perscribed Dialtizam cream
-Wipe with wet toilet paper and soak in warm hot water after poop stops spasms almost instantly..soothes and cleans
-No spicy foods, eat a serving of fruit and veggie everyday, Drink lots of water
-Avoid Bending Stretching Squating Sitting Stepping over things as much as possible
-Multivitamin
-Slow walks helps butt spasms as well

HEAL FAST EVERYONE! BEST OF LUCK! HOPE IVE HELPED SOMEONE OUT!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 01 Nov 2013, 15:08

Something Else i wanted to add.. on bad days Volume helps alot..especailly to help your fall asleep
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 01 Nov 2013, 15:13

DO NOT GO for a follow up appointment if your feeling better..at least dont let him stretch you all out and look in there..if you read my story above i went for my follow up yesterday and i was feeling 50% better and the doc even said wow its actually looking better i must admit but it retore a little bit..mother F$%ker..today i feel all torn again..not as bad as the beginning but definately a set back..i was actually starting to feel normal again..makes me think he did it on purpose to get you in for surgery..thats where they make there money SMH i dont have insurance..Feeling very frustrated
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 01 Nov 2013, 15:15

my hips and thies are sore from laying on my side all so much..my feet hurt from standing so much..anyhow just updating..GOOD LUCK AND HEAL FAST!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Ever the Optimist » 03 Nov 2013, 06:31

Hope your recent appointment has not set you back too far & you are feeling better again now :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Stillhoping » 19 Nov 2013, 16:47

How are you doing fissurehome? I noticed that you are using diltiazem and wheatgrass. I am also doing this. How much of each? How often are you applying? I agree with your advice about follow up appointments. I needed an prescription refill so I had to go. The exam set me back from the progress I had been making.
Stillhoping
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby FissureHome » 19 Nov 2013, 18:50

O NO! Hello Stillhoping! Welcome to hell! lol that sux im sorry to hear that.. im almost 3 weeks out from the follow up appointment and i feel like about back to where i was before the doc re tore me..SMH..such a slow process..i hope your taking stool softners as well..main thing to keep the stool soft and not re rip in anyway..i did alot of research and also saw alot of people benefiting from magnesium as it also helps to keep the stool soft and relax the muscles...is started applying vitamin E oil be4 and after bowel movement i think it really helps it slide out and suppose to have great healling properties(i use a rubber glove pinky and gently try to get it in there a little)I apply the diltiazem 2-3 times a days and the wheatgrass 2 times a day as well with a qtip just barely gently inside..i do the wheatgrass first so i dont dialtizim inside to give headache..i usally let the wheatgrass soak in for like 20 minutes to be applying the dialtiazm..man i feel your pain this sucks! but i feel like a get a little better each day..i try very hard not to irratate it..im literrally not even sitting for more then like a minute at a time..How is your progress going?are you doing anything else besides the diltiazem and wheatgrass? i also saw alot of people benefiting from flaxseed oil be4 bedtime to help it slide out..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist