hyperbaric chamber

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

hyperbaric chamber

Postby bherna1 » 22 Jan 2008, 20:56

Has anyone tried a hyperbaric chamber for curing fissures? I am due to fly out to China in about one month and cannot get surgery done until after the trip. I will be there for a month and the Gi suggested two rounds of hyperbaric chamber exposures before i go. I dont know if anyone is familar with the process but you sit in a capsule and a mass amount of oxygen is put into the chamber to heal wounds quick. Movie stars and sports players use them for enjuries. I was wondering if anyone has had a procedure like this to heal wounds? The doc said it would be a 50 50 shot it would heal but it would take alot of the pain away and bleeding. He has cured two patients with the procedure.
Thanks
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: hyperbaric chamber

Postby mlsohm » 22 Jan 2008, 21:58

It works great for burns. Is the cost resonable? Might be worth a try. ML
mlsohm
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Jan 2008, 03:41

I know I have been scolded recently here for quoting statistics, but a 50% chance is still less than the "given" healing rates for the BP creams and the Nitro, all of which range as high as 67% success rate.
But if insurance is going to help defray the costs, and if it will help with the pain, then it may at least help you manage things as you go to China. And you still have a 1:2 chance of healing!
Deleted User 5

Postby bherna1 » 23 Jan 2008, 09:11

thanks for your response
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2008, 11:16

I asked my doctor about this and he hadn't heard it being used for fissures and thought that the side effects might not be worth it. But if I had had access to it I would have tried it for sure.

Postby bherna1 » 23 Jan 2008, 21:57

did the doc mention the side effects? mine mentioned loss in bone density. any other side affects you know of? good to see you are here!
Thanks
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2008, 10:24

Hey Bernard,

The side effects my doctor said were just during the treatment that it can be painful because of the pressure changes. I don't think that is significant enough to not do it though. I just couldn't find any that were readily available-the closest one was 4 hours away and it was expensive. But had my fissure not healed I may have looked into it more.

I also asked about ultrasound but the doctor didn't seem to really know anything. That might be an option to. I just don't know how one goes about accessing this if you can't find a doctor who is willing to help you facilitate non-standard treatments. Most doctors I have found are too busy and/or lazy to really look outside of the box.

Postby bherna1 » 24 Jan 2008, 14:09

thanks for your input
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion