I'm home from 3rd surgery!

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

I'm home from 3rd surgery!

Postby carmona81 » 19 Dec 2013, 20:14

Just got home a few hours ago, I have very little pain, more of a head ache. Crs prescribed ketorolac and hydrocodon. I have never heard of that first one. Wife is calling to see if I'm supposed to take them together. My doc removed the seton and performed a fistulotomy. I hope this will be the last surgery I need. I'm so tired of getting cut!!!!
carmona81
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: I'm home from 3rd surgery!

Postby owmybum » 20 Dec 2013, 02:49

Fingers crossed third time is a charm.
Rest up and take it easy.

OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby carmona81 » 21 Dec 2013, 21:22

Hope so! Thanks!
carmona81
Salt Bather

Postby carmona81 » 23 Feb 2014, 06:29

So I've healed pretty well, no more visits to the crs. I seen him once since the surgery and he said to only visit him if I had a concern. No more pain. I'm worried though. My bowel movements don't look the same. They are not round! Lol. The other thing that worries me is that I can't seem to hold my bm, if I wait to long I have leakage! It's like my muscles have gotten used to just going when I had to go since I made it a habit to be near a restroom since this all started. Has anyone else gone thru this or have some kind of similar outcome after surgery? Is been two months!
carmona81
Salt Bather

Postby Dewlilly » 24 Feb 2014, 19:12

Glad to hear all is healed up for you. I am almost 3 months since my fistulotomy and seton (which was removed on Jan 23) and all seems healed for me too. But to comment on your question of getting to the toilet in a hurry, I too kinda have that issue it seems my bm comes on quickly and then by the time i get to the toilet its "poking" out and i just make it. I get leakage after my bm.. no matter how much i wipe or clean my self i always have a lil left over or a small piece slips out and i find myself going back to reclean. I think the muscle where they cut is weak but i wonder if it will restrengthen with time. I go back to see my surgeron on Mar 10 for a check up since they removed the seton to see how things healed and i will ask him about that. Can i ask if the side where the anus was cut feels tender when you have a bm? ... very happy to hear things are well your way Carmona81 :)
Dewlilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby carmona81 » 28 Feb 2014, 03:24

Yes it does feel tender! Wow I feel like we are alike in our issues! I also have the feeling like if I still have the fistula there while I'm taking a poo! But if I feel around there is just soft tissue, like its a mind thing. I'm currently wearing gauze when I go to bed And go to work but feel I don't need to anymore, its just that I'm afraid of leakage. Its easier to change that out than to be having to change my boxers lol.
carmona81
Salt Bather

Postby carmona81 » 05 Mar 2014, 03:04

Dewlilly, how are you?
carmona81
Salt Bather

Postby Dewlilly » 05 Mar 2014, 10:13

Things are pretty good knock on wood *knock knock* ... it seems the side of the bum hole they cut through is tender and when I feel the area it's like no muscle is there like the other side not sure if that will ever come back.. I still always have go clean up the "run off" after each bm usually like 20 mins after or so ... but if this is what I live with that's totally fine with me ... I will admit I'm now a poop nautzy and plan meals and snacks around keeping my poops frequent and soft I freak out if I don't poop at least once a day cuz anything less then that I can't push it out and then I'm at it a few days trying to get it out without ripping anything .... I go this coming Monday for a check up. .. how are things ur way carmona81
Dewlilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby nurseebol » 05 Mar 2014, 13:10

Not trying to hijack the thread here, so if you want to move this, ok. I didn't want to start another post because it doesn't seem too active around here right now.
I get the issues with not feeling clean, and I hope they are temporary. I am a clean Nazi, like you are a poop Nazi. Despite that, I will still find that later there can be a bit something there again even if I had everything totally accounted for earlier and I mean accounted for. And this was before any procedures. As you will see...But I will gladly wear a guaze too if I have to. God I hope I don't rip too. What types of laxatives do you take? I hate Miralax how it is so sticky, but nothing like it works. SO lately I add to it, the perfect thing seems to be Miralax and Mineral oil, but I worry about Vitamin absorption. Now lately my stools have been flat, and I am having issues with possible endometriosis, so it may be my uterus flattening them out as it is worse around my period. But to address that I have started adding benefiber. So now 3 things I took last night to get a decent poo, and today was my first one post procedure...see below
I just had a fistulotomy Monday. I didn't expect him to do it at the office-he did offer to do at the surgery center, but I just went and got it over with. I had my first BM today and that was pretty sore. This was my first surgery of this nature. I had a fissure which had healed, but I think I made this happen. I was so anal, pardon the pun-about cleaning after BM's with my fissure-but some days my rectum would be so tight down there and I would get a Q-tip to get clean in around the edge. Well I have hemorrhoidal tissue there and sometimes I had to slide the Qtip past that-I am sure that I inflamed something and he said the fissure had a flap of skin that got bacteria under it and became an abscess. SO that was surely from me pushing Q-tips in there. I didn't even tell him what I had done. I am a nurse and I am so dumb!! Now the only thing I will use if I want to get in there is a finger. Gross, but at least I will be able to feel what I am doing. The fissue at least is healed. Now this thing will heal and I will be good because I am certain what happened was because of my doing. :booboo:
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby carmona81 » 07 Mar 2014, 04:51

No! You are not dumb! We all do things that we might not fully understand but we are human, we are allowed to make mistakes. For about a year I knew something was wrong with me cause I felt a lump in my butt. Had bleeding after wiping. And I just never got checked out. That being said, I'm off all types of medicine. I may pop an advil every now and then but that's it. I had 3 surgery's last year and I hope I'm done with them. Just stay strong nurseebol!
Dewlilly, I been good. I stopped using gauze 2 days ago! I want to see if I'm ready to let them go. I'm actually starting to feel normal again! I'm starting to do things around the house again. I've got a few things that I need to get done, I was remodeling the bathroom and have put that on hold for almost a year now! Wife is gonna be glad im getting back to normal. May I ask, are you married?
carmona81
Salt Bather