I'm new, hello -Just had LIS Tuesday!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: I'm new, hello -Just had LIS Tuesday!!

Postby sidra1968 » 06 Aug 2009, 14:01

Peachy, it is posts and stories just like yours that made me go straight for the LIS..I know how dismissive many doctors can be, and just went in with an attitude of NOT taking no for an answer, or I'd drive straight somewhere else! I had read about the massive headaches from the nitro, botox not working, etc. and again, figured why mess round with that?
When someone is not the one in this extreme pain, what's it to them to give you some cream and send you off on your way?... and they're on to the next guy and then off to their pain-free golf outing quite possibly...let's face it, just like with most things, when it's not you or your immediate family, most people forget another person's problems in 20 seconds and go back to THEIR life and THEIR perceived problems..doctors included, they're only human. It was stories just like yours that frightened me one million times more than a surgery...God, I hope you can find some relief!!
When I first went to the Prompt care about 4 1/2 weeks ago, the doc there said i had a hemmorhoid and gave me the Hydrocortisone type prescription cream..when that really didn't do anything, I basically self-diagnosed myself with a fissure (with help from tons of research online) and then found the CRS in town online and called. Made him look at it and wala, what do you know, I was right! Told him about stories like yours and said I wasn't going to bother wasting time with those treatments, "surgery or death" is what I only half-jokingly said.
Don't know really much at all about how your Health care System works, but all I can say is be confident when you speak to them and very no-nonsense and I'll be praying for you!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby sidra1968 » 06 Aug 2009, 14:09

Neuropathic guy, yes sounds like very similar experiences with this demon..I WAS like 100% better one or two times...or so I thought. Even went out and celebrated by dancing and planning another trip..then literally one morning...BAM! Back with a vengeance...I said, screw it, this is not really ever going to go away (well, maybe if I live on cabbage soup the rest of my life)
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Peachy724 » 07 Aug 2009, 03:18

Sidra,
you are sooooo right , the NHS (National Health Service) is good, it works by us paying a % of our wage called national insurance and this is not optional, it is taken of every working person in the country which funds the NHS but the drawback Is the waiting time which can be up to a year or more, also as these waiting lists are so long it's kind of like one in one out as fast as possible, not much of a bedside manner, they are always shortstaffed and this is the reason they are not so attentive working in such conditions as you can imagine. There is the option of private healthcare but being so young I never even thought about taking out a plan , until now when I REALLY need it so stupid me, and even if I did take out a plan now I couldn't claim for the first 13 weeks so don't know if it's worth it as not got any disposable income !
Really glad you haven't had to endure it for too long, it gives me a little hope :) :)
XXXXXXXX
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 07 Aug 2009, 05:36

I think all medical residents should have to have an AF created in their bod, so they can understand the level of physical and mental pain and anguish associated with having one. It should be one of the requirements for getting a medical degree. But none of my doctors to whom I have suggested the idea has gone along with it. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby sidra1968 » 07 Aug 2009, 08:57

Cherylk, that is what I have said about 1,000 times since this all started....I personally would like to see people that have dismissed my complaints get this and then roll my eyes at them like all they have is a mere itch...(yeah, I can be vengeful...lol)
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Peachy724 » 07 Aug 2009, 11:09

Here here Cheryl xxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Aug 2009, 12:21

cherylk wrote:I think all medical residents should have to have an AF created in their bod, so they can understand the level of physical and mental pain and anguish associated with having one. It should be one of the requirements for getting a medical degree. But none of my doctors to whom I have suggested the idea has gone along with it. Image

I'd personally also like to extend the scope of this to cover friends who want to be cute and clever and crack "ass jokes" at my expense while I'm suffering a fissure Image Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby sidra1968 » 07 Aug 2009, 12:27

Right on Neuropathic Guy! I concur wholeheartedly!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Aug 2009, 12:41

Sidra,
Do you mind if I ask what kind of pain/discomfort you were in prior to LIS? Was it pain during BMs or at other times too?
I'll admit that my reasons for asking are entirely selfish, since I'm considering LIS I guess I'm trying to see what parallels do and do not exist between our fissure situations, to hopefully formulate a better idea of how much relief LIS might convey.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby sidra1968 » 07 Aug 2009, 12:59

Gosh, I SO totally understand!! I did the same thing for weeks on the internet trying to get a grip on what I was actually dealing with - I basically self-diagnosed myself, then told the CRS that the doc at Prompt Care said for sure that I had a fissure- when technically they said they couldn't be sure without a sigmoidoscopy, and were gonna give me the runaround with first having to go to a Gastro (which was a month away for the first appt. available). HA! Wasn't gonna happen, I was too desperate.
My days were pretty much the same...like this..
As I mentioned I have IBS and I go roughly 2-3 times per morning. I go first thing and then get another massive have-to-go urge about 10 minutes later..sometimes it happens a 3rd or even 4th time.
My pain was the "passing shards of a broken glass" pain or as I said, "being violated by a broken beer bottle".
Very extreme, leading to the cold sweats and screaming. THEN, for about the next 5-8 hours it was a terrible, constant burning, like having a lit cigarette up there, or as someone else said "molten lava"
It would slowly subside and really usually by evening you wouldn't know I had been through that at all. I was perfectly fine some evenings/nights. But it was a total repeat the next day, and the next day, and the next day )other than when I thought I had "cured" myself with baths and stool softeners and the like.
Hope this helps.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist