I see said the blind man

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I see said the blind man

Postby nurseebol2 » 15 Feb 2014, 16:47

Hi all. I had been here before with a lovely fissure. Anyway. I think I have figured out how you all do this with the mirrors, lol. SO I, got a look back there. I see this raised red tube looking thing. This started about a week ago. Before that, I had a fissure, which had healed-and recurred a few times, but was doing well. I thought I had ANOTHER one, when I felt a tag bag there and a hard lump right at the ridge of my bottom. It felt swollen and painful. A few days later I noticed very light yellow drainage and it felt better. Well, I am a nurse, so I know this is an abscess, so I figured my fissure was infected. I also am studying to be a wound nurse, so then I thought OH NO I HAVE A FISTULA! Now, I hadn't fully studied anal fistulas, so here I am thinking I am in big trouble, cuz the ones I studied connect things like the vagina and colon. Anyway, I calmed myself down. So the thing thing drained for a few days and now feels fine. No drainage today. I still am going to see the CRS though. I am wondering if this could be like a linear shaped abscess (yeah right, wishful thinking) along the area above the rectum that drained-that is what it looked like, or if this is a tunnel to somewhere. I cannot see what is draining where. I tried to get it to drain something while I was peering in the mirror, but I could not get it to. At least it is non painful today. Nothing is like that fissure, but I am not happy that this is something that may need further intervention. Anyway, feel free to move this if it needs it and to the administrator-I would like my old username back, that would be great. I can't get a PM to you, as I am sure you know.
nurseebol2

Topics: 1

Re: I see said the blind man

Postby Savaici » 16 Feb 2014, 14:25

I will sort out a password for you, so look for it in a PM. Then simply change it afterwards.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby nurseebol » 16 Feb 2014, 17:42

Thanks!
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby student » 08 Jun 2014, 17:27

what did you do about the infection???? i have the same yellow stuff for the past few days, and an appointment on tuesday
student
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Rachael 1984 » 10 Jun 2014, 15:22

Hi Nursebol,
Sorry to see you have another Issue, any updates? Xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!