I was denied insurance

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

I was denied insurance

Postby redyellowblue » 02 Sep 2009, 12:32

For those of you who don't know, Medicaid is a government program for medical insurance. Well, they just called, and denied me. (Fortunately my baby is qualified for it, thank God.) However, we don't make much money as it is.
I'm in tears right now. My husband's job, although full time, doesn't include insurance.
I CAN'T get a job, I have a baby. I have no car. We can't afford a new one. We can't afford childcare, and there is nobody we know that can watch the baby. Basic health is also a lower income medical assistance program, however there is a loooooong waiting list because of limited government funding due to the economy.
I'm so pissed off at these stupid people who cheat the system and live off welfare who don't actually need it because they're too lazy to get off their fat asses and get a job. These people are keeping people like us, who really need the medical, from receiving the assistance.
The income limit for a family of three to receive medical is 1180 a MONTH. I don't believe a family of three with a baby can live on that. Besides, people who qualify for the help are also in subsidized housing. They also receive 300 dollars in food stamps every month. They also receive 500 dollars a month for cash assistance. They also of course qualify for medical, and childcare programs, and WIC, and heating and electric assistance. I hate this. All of that assistance combined alone is well more than we are making in income. I hate the system. It's cheating me out.
redyellowblue

Topics: 4

Re: I was denied insurance

Postby suzyljank » 03 Sep 2009, 09:35

So sorry to hear that. Even with insurance the deductibles are sometimes so high one can't afford to use it. I really don't know what to tell you do except you do have some power in your vote. When election time comes around really listen to the candidates and vote the ones out who aren't doing the job they got elected to do. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Sep 2009, 10:10

You are right, there are people in my hometown who never work. Healthy adult males who live off adult females who live off government assistance. It is sickening. There is no oversight for this, obviously, not in practice, anyway. Not to mention the people who cheat the disabilty/workman's comp system in this country.
Cute pic, Suzy!!
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 11 Sep 2009, 15:22

i can understand how you feel (minus the baby part). i'm also "uninsurable" b/c of all my past/current anal and gynecological problems. i'm 27 and i'll never qualify for health insurance again under the current system.
it's extremely unfair here, denying people with "preexisting conditions" when those conditions are completely out of our control...we just got unlucky.
fingers crossed that Obama will make progress soon with his health care overhaul. there's hope for people like us as long as he's on our side. i don't know any way else to reassure you. i'm sorry for your situation.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?