IF YOU WONDER IF YOU ARE ALONE : (

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

IF YOU WONDER IF YOU ARE ALONE : (

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Jul 2008, 00:05

In general, anal fissure (fissure-in-ano), anal ulcer, hemorrhoidal diseases, and levator spasm (proctalgia fugax) are benign conditions of the anorectal area which affect subjects, including humans, of all ages, races, and sexes. While hemorrhoids and anal fissures do not garner the attention given to life threatening diseases, they are responsible for considerable suffering and disability, affecting over 26 million people in the U. S. , Europe, and Japan.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: IF YOU WONDER IF YOU ARE ALONE : (

Postby cherylk » 09 Jul 2008, 09:45

That's a lot of people. We just don't know who else might be suffering. Only three people outside of my family know of my fissure. The rest think I only have IBS.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2008, 10:13

Wow-that is a staggering number. I was reading that people in cultures that don't use the westernized toilet and implement squatting don't have these anal conditions or are very uncommon.
One doctor I saw said that benign anal conditions are a real source of suffering for a lot of people and their pain can be very agonizing.

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Jul 2008, 14:00

Yeah, I was surprised to see Japan since they eat mostly fish, veggies , tofu and stuff !!! Maybe the squatting is the key element LOL, or it is just that some people have crappy butts and that is all ! LOL ; )))
Cheryl - I told EVERYBODY LOL. Discovered that my MIL has occasional fissure problem, my FIL had hemorrhoid problems - even
had a fistula, my lawyer has many superficial fissures that come and go, my mom just got one internal big hemmie that occasionally prolapses out : ( , others are keeping their "dark toilet secrets" for themselves LOL. I really have no problem telling what is going on - so far everybody was mostly very understanding. Most can not comprehend the intensity of the pain, but still - I find it easier to say it out right than to invent things of why I can not have a whole day picnic or why I can't have a coffee and stuff . Everybody has something - I have crack
in my butt LOL !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 04:15

LOL ....You so make me smile Fissy :)

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Jul 2008, 14:02

XOXOOOOOOOOOOoooooo..... : ) !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP