Intro

First post

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Intro

Postby Hotbutt2000 » 25 Apr 2017, 13:57

hi, first post to introduce myself.
My problems started around 3 years ago, I'd had hemmoroids for around 26 years but as they caused me no probs after initial pain I just left them as they were, had a few painless skin tags. After all this time they started to bleed whilst I went to the loo so as it was something different going on I got them checked out at the docs....he sent me to a crs who agreed I needed a hemmoroidectomy. Surgery was done which was horrendous but the worst bit was that they found pre cancerous cells in the histology. I am under observation every six months and in the last three years have had skin tags removed, a colonoscopy with pile banding and later a polyp removed ( everything clear thankfully) .
I'd say for the last year I've had pain after bms and really bad pain further up which comes and goes, had an MRI because of this and they couldn't find anything so sent me to hospital outpatients and they gave me some exercises to do.
Not getting any bleeding now but near constant pain for 4 weeks which did start off with a bout of constipation.
Doc examined me and says I have a fissure and has given me some cream which seems to help for around 8/9 hours so I'm mostly uncomfortable a few hours before the next dose.
I kinda think I must have had a fissure coming and going for the last year or so as have hardly had any let up from the pain. Obviously get stressed out thinking about anal cancer and look forward to my crs appointment every 6 months! Next one is due in around 10 weeks so will see if the cream helps in that time if not will ask his advise tho he seems only interested in AIN and not so much hemmoroids and the likes. Getting all the info I can from here and crossing my fingers !
Hotbutt2000
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Intro

Postby Canadabum » 27 Apr 2017, 17:12

HB -- welcome to the forum...and so sorry you have been both dealing with painful issues and dealing with serious stress. We can all relate to how difficult it is to deal with the pain and the stress....and for all of us it can be too much at times -- which is why this place is so great to speak with others dealing with similar issues.

If you have a fissure the typical conservative method of dealing is lots of good fiber (soluble and insoluble), fissure cream 3x a day (after bms etc), lots of fluids during the day (water), heat applied to the area to stimulate blood flow, good potty positioning, perhaps a barrier cream like coconut oil before you go...and sitz bath or the like after you go to clean up.

If there is any way to remove some stress from your life or you can find a coping mechanism for stress that would also likely be helpful in general...yoga, meditation, reading books, going for walks etc etc.

Wishing you the best,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Re: Intro

Postby Hotbutt2000 » 28 Apr 2017, 07:16

thank you, makes the world of difference to have somebody to talk to! have started Yoga today with Adrienne ( you tube ) lol. Thanks for your input, will follow all your tips, have used some aloe vera gel and it seems to be helping a great deal.
Hotbutt2000
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3