Intro

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Intro

Postby dent1 » 31 Aug 2013, 11:16

Hello I am coming to the forum a little late but I have plenty of useful experience as I have been living with a rectocele for 12 years and have probably had a chronic fissure on and off also for years. Everything came to a head earlier this year when my fissure and constipation issues became so painful I was unable to get out of the house.
I have been treated a very experienced colorectal surgeon in Bristol who treats anal fissure with a V-Y advancment flap technique and botox. I had the surgery and it was a challenging recovery process as the sutures burst open on one side. It took about 6 weeks to heal. I have now been back for more surgery and had a laparascopic ventral retropexy to fix the rectocele( bowel prolapse) and a tidy up of where the stitches broke down and removal of 2 sentinal piles. It has been a challenging 2 weeks but now feeling on the mend.
dent1
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Intro

Postby Now66 » 02 Sep 2013, 20:24

Sorry to read about your struggles with this but welcome to the website. All of our experiences make the site that much more valuable. Thankfully I found this when I really needed information.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Re: Intro

Postby dent1 » 03 Sep 2013, 02:25

Hi Thanks for the reply - just wanted to give some info about my experieince of the treatment Mr D offers which he feels works better than LIS for certain people with fewer risks.
dent1
Salt Bather

Topics: 4