Is this normal-- If a fissure tears again?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Is this normal-- If a fissure tears again?

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007, 16:52

Hi~
I had a bad anal fissure for around three months... but then I started drinking Pomegrante juice and Aloe Vera juice, taking a lot of essential fatty acids, using Nitrogel or paste... and eventually it got well.
Well, I didn't know it, but I became constipated and ripped it back open. There was blood on the tissue. Now, it is not just my rectal area that hurts, but my intestines feel very sore, too. Like my entire abdomen. :no: I have been putting an ice pack on it and that stuff Icy Hot... and I am going through the same routine but I have some other ointment now... and I just started using it.
I see my family doc a week from today-- and was just wondering, have any of you had intestines that felt sore along with your fissure-- and if so WHAT IN THE BLOODY H*LL did you do about it?????? Image Image Image Image
You can e-mail me at my address: [email protected]
I cannot sit at my computer for more than like 5-10 mins....
I am kind of bloated, too.... Is this normal???
If someone could help me, I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE IT!
Thank you very much.
vampyre_girl :oops:

Re: Is this normal-- If a fissure tears again?

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007, 17:41

Hey Vampyre_girl,
I am sorry you are suffering. I don't know why your intestines would be sore from the fissure though. I think it might be unrelated or it could be stress from the pain. That can create havoc on the gut.
I think it is good that you were able to heal before and you can get back to that again with your regimen. I have found that even after my fissure healed, I still had to act like I had one to and continue with my healing plan. It can take up to a year for that tissue to return to normal completely so you need to keep doing what you are doing for perhaps a long time.
I am sorry I can't be of more help about the bloating and intestinal discomfort. I think you may need to mention that to your doctor as it could be unrelated.
Hang in there!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007, 18:04

Well, they think I have chronic fatigue syndrome... I can do very little and I am only 34.
I am getting ready to watch "Titanic" with my ice pack.
Thank you for you responses.
vampyre_girl

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007, 18:11

Sure-anytime! We are hunkering down to watch High School Musical 2. Somebody save me!!!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Aug 2007, 19:08

It does sound like you have more going on in your digestive system than just a fissure! Lecia is right, you should see a doctor.
Have you tied hot baths? They can help bring blood to the fissure site.
Deleted User 5

Postby dano » 18 Aug 2007, 10:31

my whole "area" hurt as i had a pretty bad fissure.it seemed to stay around the butt area though,my pain never went up around the abdomen.do you ahve any of your cream left to use? the nitro gel really helped me alot to ease the pain....i use metamucil to keep stools"soft and comfortable" which also helps me...
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 18 Aug 2007, 11:03

I am using a cream called Diltiazem w/ Lidocaine right now. I have only used it one day though. I have some hydrocortisone suppositories... are those good for fissures? I know I can't bend over to pick something up w/o having a lot of pain... I see my family doctor Friday. I wonder if this is leading to yet another colonscopy. *sigh*... I had the sigmoidoscopy just around 3 months ago....
My GI doc doesnt' like me very much.... and I live in a small town... so he is really the only one.
I also have one more question, when you use these creams... do you use them on the inside and outside?? or just the outside?
Thank you-
vampyre_girl

Postby Guest » 18 Aug 2007, 11:29

Hey VG,
I used the same cream as you did and my CRS had me just apply it on the outside like you. She said just rub it in like you were putting lip balm on. I know some of the other boardies here have used it internally though.
I can't imagine they would subject to to another colonoscopy since you have several exams already especially if those were normal.
I live in a small town too and had to drive 2 hours to find a good doctor. It was a pain but worth it. Maybe you could find someone you have more rapport with outside of your town.

Postby buttgirl » 21 Aug 2007, 11:49

Yes, getting a dr you like and who likes you is very important.

If your entire abdomen is sore, it sounds like you might have a colitis of sorts. It is definitely worth going to another GI and getting it checked out. When my fissure wouldn't heal, I had several drs tell me that I should get a colonscopy etc to check for crohn'/UC because, if I had it, they could prescribe pills (sulfa drugs, steroids, immuno supressants) which would clear up the fissure in about 4 weeks.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby dano » 30 Aug 2007, 20:41

suppositories did nothing but make a mess for me!..plus theres been talk that prolonged use of them can actually soften the inner tissue??
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13