is this the end of the road?

healing

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

is this the end of the road?

Postby sparent86 » 17 Aug 2015, 23:44

So saw another surgeon she looked around and said i bet you have a fissure and gave me diltiazem i told her i cant take the pain anymore to please just give me the surgery so she made me a deal try this for 3 weeks if not better she will do exploratory surgery on me so i did it followed ther directions to a tee and well one week later i feel so much better no more blood my bms only hurt for about 20 mins after i mean i still have pain all day but not the feeling of razor baldes tearing me open but it bearable so am i getting better is there acutally light ay the end of this tunnle i dont wanna move to fast and get my hopes up i just pray this is it lol also can i start adding things to my diet i am dieing for some beef lol i cant wait if you had one how long did you wait to start expanding your diet ?? Any responses is welcome and thanks un advance
sparent86
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: is this the end of the road?

Postby hayleyw » 18 Aug 2015, 09:26

I'm currently in week 7 of using the Diltiazem cream and i'm also feeling much better. Took me a long time to feel a benefit though so the fact that you are already feeling improvement at this stage is a good sign. To keep my bms soft I have a bowl of bran in the morning and take one satchet of a laxative a day. The doctor gave me Laxido but most people on this forum use miralax/movicol. I personally find that a bit too hard on my stomach. I haven't cut anything out of my diet. Still eating meat and dairy. As long as you have some form of fibre everyday and take a stool softener or laxative, anything that draws water into your bowel, you should be fine to eat normal meals.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby sparent86 » 18 Aug 2015, 10:00

Hayleyw thats amazing so all you did was add fiber and a lax? Lol that give me hope i dont think i am gunna go back full force but i may try adding. Some new things in there . me and the wife wete talkin last night about this she said you dont wanna get riped open again do you and i said well if i keep a good ratio of healthy food i should be able to be a little bad lol
sparent86
Fibre Addict

Postby Daisy Mac » 19 Aug 2015, 23:26

For me personally, every time I try to add foods I know are iffy, I take several steps back so I've been following an perfect diet for months now. I haven't felt any pain or discomfort in a couple weeks, and I'm just now starting to try different foods slowly. And I'm still taking Miralax/Restoralax daily. Give yourself a bit of time to heal up before going back to any of your favourite foods, or it'll slow down the healing process a lot, in my opinion.
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby sparent86 » 20 Aug 2015, 00:03

Thanks Daisy yeah i still havent really tried anything crazy diets pretty much the same only thing new i have tried was a turkey sandwhich on flat bread thats about it lol i can say though that did make me have a little bit more trouble haveing a BM but no extra pain so hopeing thats a good thing
sparent86
Fibre Addict