Itching and scratching

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Itching and scratching

Postby Guido » 24 Jul 2016, 08:50

Hello all. I wannaknow if any of you, despite the sharp pain also feel anal itches and scratches, how do you deal with those?sometimes the painhas gone completly awaybut the itching is there, keeping me awake and miserable, trying not to scratch because if I scratch a burning sensation of pain comes, I really dont know what to do,tried lots of things that seemed to work for some hours, but the thing is I almost always wake up in the middle of thnight with a nasty itchy, its
horrible, any help?
Guido

Topics: 2

Re: Itching and scratching

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 24 Jul 2016, 09:50

Hello Guido,
Is there any rash on the exterior?
If so it could be a fungal infection of the skin which is easy to treat like a diaper rash. I used to sit in the bath so much I had started to see the beginnings of a rash then started being careful about drying the area after baths with a soft towel before I apply coconut oil.
I am also experiencing occasionally another kind of itching inside the anus and if that's what you mean coconut oil helps a little with that. Also my cream is nifedipine with lidocaine and that helps too possibly the lidocaine in it.
Take care and hang in there - all these strange and inexplicable sensations just to brighten up our day!! Nobody can understand them but a fellow sufferer.
Best
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Guido » 24 Jul 2016, 18:41

/thank you ver much for answering, well there was a rash on my groins but it got better with baby cream, but my anus is still very itchy, I had teh rash checked by a doctor she said it wasnt fungal, it was like babyrash ( I recently put on a lot of weight)I usea lidocaine cream too it helps a lotwith the pain but not with the itchiness, sitz bath seems to be working the bst for itching right now.
Guido

Postby Jeorgeono » 28 Jul 2016, 06:12

I don't know what happening to me but for about 2 weeks or so now itching and scratching on in my anal area is getting insupportable, I am thinking about using some creams or medications skin care, what do you think?
Jeorgeono

Postby pattcook » 09 Aug 2016, 22:53

I had the same problem. Itching drove me crazy. Finally my doctor gave me some higher strengh ( 2% ?) chortisone ointment and it stopped the itching and scratching very quickly. Couldn,t believe it but it worked.
pattcook
Fibre Addict

Postby SurvivorX » 22 Aug 2016, 16:42

I have this Itching and scratching every day for the most part of the day. Tried all ointments nothing helps. Any idea for how long these sensations are going to last after op?
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14