Itching - Good Sign?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Itching - Good Sign?

Postby AJStyles » 12 May 2017, 06:43

So i got surgery 5 weeks ago, i have anal fissure since 8 Months. Since a few days, i have lots of itching on my ass. I've had it sometimes before, but very rarely and not so strong. I am walking around outside and its itching like crazy sometimes. It doesnt hurt tho. I was at my doctor yesterday for a control, he says it looks good and he is satisfied with the progress. I asked him about the itching and he said thats a sign of healing. Anyone else had something similar?

I hope so much that this heals :)
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: Itching - Good Sign?

Postby ResMePlz » 12 May 2017, 10:06

Hey, was wondering how you were doing, haven't seen you on here in a while. Itching means it's healing, I've read a lot of people getting itching. I'm 3 weeks out now and I'm getting a lot of itching and slight irritation. I went fir my check up, doctor said everything is healing perfectly, so I'd assume the itching is a good sign. I've just been scratching it without touching the actual incision site, and it's been relieving it a little bit. How are you doing with the pain? I've been taking walks, and went for a drive for an hour yesterday and did good, so I'm hoping this just keep progressing and I have no set backs... time will tell.
ResMePlz
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby AJStyles » 12 May 2017, 10:56

I have still some pain after BM but its really not a big deal. It only lasts for 1-2 Hours too. I would say maybe i am at 70% now. Looking good, but nowhere near healed yet. Doctor told me yesterday it looks good and its healing. That made me really happy. He said its gonna take a while though so i shouldnt be worried. He is going to check again in 2-3 Weeks. Hope it will be better till then!
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mr Fissure » 12 May 2017, 15:22

Glad to hear you're doing well, AJ! I'm 4 weeks to the day and not had a great week, but others who've been through it say it can take many more weeks for you to fully heal. Guess we just need to be patient, but I'd take itching as a good sign....

Well done on the hour's drive RMP, I was pleased with my 10 min effort last Friday lol!
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby AJStyles » 13 May 2017, 06:52

Guys i just had a bit of a hard stool for the first time in 5 weeks and now my ass hurts much more than it should hurt!!!! holy shit i am so scared please someone tell me that its nothing bad!!! it wasnt that hard but it was definintely harder than it used to be. No bleeding, but it hurts now. Bad. Its still itching though so that is good
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby AJStyles » 17 May 2017, 16:38

So im using some movicol now (half a bag) to make the stools soft. Just to make sure. Its soft now again thank god. I still have Pain after BM guys, yesterday it was a bit much, today bit better but still not so good. Is all of this normal after 5 1/2 weeks? I do still have some itching on my ass. Not always, and no brutal itching, but itching. 1-2x a day for 10 min or something. What could this mean now for me? I mean how can a 2nd lis not work? I do everything right. Cant imagine that this LIS wont heal me TBH.
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist