Itching

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Itching

Postby Guest » 15 Jan 2008, 21:10

Anybody ever had itching, throbbing around the outside of the anus? Have had this feeling the past 3 days.

Re: Itching

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Jan 2008, 22:44

Oh dear Bum -Bum ; ),
Somewhat similar feeling is what is bothering me now - fissure pain is gone but after BM my anus starts to feel "prickly" and itchy and it can last from 30 min to couple of hours. Also it is exacerbated by exercise or long sitting. It is not inside the anus, but outside anal skin. In my case I think that all that irritation is originating in my enlarged and still "bumpy" anal tag . The "pinch" starts there than radiates all around.
So far, only things that help somewhat are aloe gel, chamomile/oak compresses and plain Vaseline. I tried Gold Bond powder, it has cooling effect but it dried my skin too much and it also has talcum powder which is known to possibly cause ovarian cancer - so I stopped using it.
Hope you will find something that works for you soon !!! : )
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 16 Jan 2008, 07:11

Oh God, yes, that cross-your-eyes, scream-inducing, want to park my bum in the fridge, maddening, murderous,horrible, evil..need I go on... ITCH-yes! Its awful!
I had to spray it with a freezing cold shower and then tried clotrimidazole cream which did calm it down a bit, but I was climbing the walls with it at one point. My sympathies are with you!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby happyass » 16 Jan 2008, 09:14

get some tinactic or the clotrimidazole.
maybe try the gold bonds powder after a shower.
or simply some palmers cocoa butter cream.
the itching will either be caused by an organism or your skin in that area is super dry, irritated, and in desperate need of some moisturizer.
i hated that anal itch that was inside!!!!!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 16 Jan 2008, 09:33

Thanks guys! Trying vaseline right now. If that doesn't work then I'll try the clotrimidazole. I've used cocoa butter in the past but now it doesn't seem to be helping.

Postby buttgirl » 16 Jan 2008, 12:58

I get that occasionally. Now that I think about it, I got it right after the surgery last year. I found that a dab of cortizone on the outside seems to take it away. Calendula salve is also helpful.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jan 2008, 13:29

Moisture can be a cause of the itch, too!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 Jan 2008, 14:02

Kim, I was thinkig the same thing. Between baby wipes, aloe vera gel and cocoa butter my butt is practically drowning. But then again all are quite necessary for us anal fissure sufferers.

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Jan 2008, 17:32

What we all are experiencing is called pruritus ani and there could be may reasons for it and there are about 20 treatments available according to the articles I found on the net. But, it is the best to find the cause since that way one does not just mask the symptoms but gets real relief once and for all. Sometimes, unfortunately it stays mystery : ( and we have to try different creams and such to make our life easier.
One thing is for sure - I never had it before I got a fissure : (. I tried keeping it dry and it made no difference for me : (. In my case it starts after my first morning BM, and gets worse after my second evening BM - my butt hates "to go" - ha ha, what can I say ?!? It is also bothered by pressure, and friction (exercise) or even if I touch my skin tag with q-tip . I am almos 100% sure that my skin tag is the culprit for it all now.
VAL - did they removed your skin tag ??? If yes, is it painful on that particular site ? How does it look like - I mean the place where the tag is missing ; ) ? I hope you are not in much pain any more : ))) !!!
Love to all
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 16 Jan 2008, 17:52

fiss - i had my skin tag removed last May. i can still see where it was, in fact the skin is definitely raised in that area, kind of gathered....almost like even some type of scar tissue. it doesn't hurt at all, and it probably looks "normal". i'm not even sure what a normal butt looks like actually, but there's nothing abnormal sticking out of mine now.
once you've healed i'm sure removing it would be no problem!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36