Itchy Advice ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Itchy Advice ?

Postby Guest » 31 May 2008, 07:50

Kim - I will try this for this evenings itchy and scratchy show :rolleyes:
Gosh you look handsome today Image
Melissa , i do hope this itchy business is a turning point for your husband too...Keep up the good work :)
Cheryl, I agree with what you have said, my first fissure years back was caused by constipation the second from a nasty sickness and diarrhea bug Image
Was this the link which Jen posted ??
http://www.calmoseptineointment.com/

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 May 2008, 08:30

Thanks Tabby!:)
I believe constipation is the leading cause but not the only one, anything that stresses your rectum can cause it....if you're not careful!! I got mine from severe diarrhea.
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 31 May 2008, 08:33

Tabby,
You're GREAT!!! I have copied and mailed that link to myself in my private e-mail. Also wrote it down for future reference.
Question--can I get a divorce even though I have been married 37 years? (I am mad at my husband right now.). I am going to take the Metamucil-like supplement again today.
To health,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 31 May 2008, 10:38

Okay, here is a graphic idea for you Tab, but it helped when I had my surgery. Actually I think BG told me about it. If you can fill up a syringe with warm water and kind of squirt it in the area in the rectum it can help with itching and burning. My husband uses calmoseptine because he has itchies. In fact, I have an unsed tube here if anyone wants it.

I think someone else suggested Balneol. I also wonder if lidocaine would help. I know I put that on bug bites when my little ones are scratching so much to help numb the area.

Postby cherylk » 31 May 2008, 11:16

Tabby,
That itching stinks! I had it really bad earlier this year as a result of using a hemrroid treatment that I ordered on the net from overseas.
I think Balneol might be worth a try. I use the generic version of that product that I buy from CVS as it is a bit cheaper for cleansing. You could try it and stop it if made matters worse or didn't help. I'll try to find the list my previous CRS gave me for itching and share it with you.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 31 May 2008, 11:24

Fantastic Cheryl :D
Well i thought i would trial run just baby talc, its a no go er, i have been thinking about this all afternoon , possibly the overuse of diltiazem is taking its toll, due to my coughing fit yesterday i used the cream twice !!
and i still itched even with lanacane Image
I am withdrawing from ALL creams...RIGHT NOW ! Image
Thank you , Lecia, that is a good tip, i use the cold shower head :roll:
Last edited by Guest on 31 May 2008, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » 31 May 2008, 11:33

A Divorce Cheryl :shock:
I do hope not !!!

Postby cherylk » 31 May 2008, 11:41

Tabby,
Isn't this such a great place to share info?? I found the info. There is no link as it is a one page sheet of info:
Puritus Ani, or analy itching, is common and a very distressing problem. The most frequent case is foods or beverages. Other causes include fissures (simple tears of the anal skin), hemorrhoids, diabetes, infection or skin diseases. Often no cause can be found; this is referred to as "idiopathic pruritus." This may appear as excessive moisture and/or burning of the skin around the anus.
Can be relieved by using simple steps:
Avoid scratching the area.
Don't use harsh or scented soaps; avoid bubble baths.
Wipe gently, do not rub. Avoid scented, colored toilet paper.
Keep anal area dry. The use of a hair dryer on a moderate setting can help dry skin after bathing or cleansing.
Use witch hazel, Tucks or baby wipes (without aloe) to cleanse the area after a bowel movement or during the day as needed.
Tufts of cotton can be tucked against the area to absorb moisture. Change cotton during the day as needed to keep anal area dry.
Avoid excessive intakes of coffee, tea, colas, chocolate, beer or wine, tomatoes (especially ketchup), spices, dairy products and citrus.
If there is little improvement with the measures above, the following regimen may be advised to you:
After a bowel movement, at bedtime and during the day:
Cleanse the area with witch hazel or Tucks.
Pat dry with toilet tissue or cotton or use a hair dryer
Apply a prescription cream sparingly to the itching area.
Cover cream with cotton tuft (cream will stain your clothes).
STOP using cream when itching stops. You can continue witch hazel and cotton.
Avoid excessive intakes of the foods listed above.
HOPE THIS HELPS!!
(I wasn't serious about the divorce. Instead we will have a talk about money issues which I will originate this afternoon.)
cherylk
VIP

Postby cherylk » 31 May 2008, 11:43

Tabby,
How long have you been using the Diltiazem?
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 31 May 2008, 11:53

That info is great Cheryl :D
That seems to be what the problem is, Puritus Ani Image
Witch hazel sounds nice and cooling :)
I have been on the cream for over a year now :roll: which is why i think i need to let my skin re balance and not use anyhting Image
I thought you were joking about the divorce !