its grand to be back to tell the story :)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: its grand to be back to tell the story :)

Postby derryboy » 31 Mar 2009, 14:01

hi guys a little advice needed. for the past few days(since saturday night) it feels as if inside and on the edge of the outside of my butt starts to get a squeezing feeling, when this started i thught it was just the open wound from the abcess starting to heal. but it getting worse, and its getting more painful, its almost like my anus is going in2 contractions like things. tonight it tensed up nd then slowly released then it kept repeating its self until for no reason it never released, and it was so painful, it lasted for around 1hr, now its just a feeling of small pumping sensation in the muscles around the entrance to my butt. anyone had this before, if so any advice would be great, never had this b4, but it might just be from the open wound, i dont know though
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 Mar 2009, 14:10

My tail did that a couple times about three weeks after my LIS. It wasn't painful for me, though. I think the nerve starts firing after all the trauma and just can't stop for a while. If it keeps happening you definitely need to call your doctor!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 31 Mar 2009, 14:10

Sounds like spasms of the internal sphincter to me, Dazzy.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby derryboy » 31 Mar 2009, 14:15

would that account for the tight full feeling i have/get every so often to then. if so what can be done. i cant take baths yet just showers so sitting in the bath is out.
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 31 Mar 2009, 14:45

I don't think you have had LIS, right? I think the Diliatzen ointment might help relax that sphincter, but you have other things going on in the anal area that might prohibit using that. Could you ask your nurse???
cherylk
VIP

Postby derryboy » 01 Apr 2009, 04:42

wel i asked the nurses, but she cudnt say, all she said was to try nd keep a note of how things feel, and times they happen, so far feel ok 2day, nd got an ok sleep 2
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 01 Apr 2009, 06:45

Glad you are feeling better! Did you read that one of my Tai Chi classmates is traveling to Scotland to visit her friend????
cherylk
VIP

Postby derryboy » 01 Apr 2009, 10:28

thanks guys xx.
i have been getting a twitch in my butt since around lunch time and its again becoming stronger. but its not sore. just slightly uncomfortable. grrr. i will just wait 2 see how it goes from here on in:).
No cheryl i never saw that about your friend, which part of scotland is she coming too.
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 01 Apr 2009, 11:11

Dazzy,
Actually, it is a person in my Tai Chi class that I don't really know. I overheard her talking to another member of our class about traveling to Scotland to visit her friend. I'll try to find out where in Scotland she visited when she returns from her trip.
cherylk
VIP

Postby derryboy » 11 Apr 2009, 03:19

Hi guys. not been on as much of late stupid laptop been playing up, had to send it to the laptop hospital:). it survived,,but have been told it wont survive another surgery. Image
well i have recieved at last finally the appt for my mri scan results a week on monday, so much for two week wait, that will be 4 weeks, nhs system for ya though.
feeling ok, but still getting a fullness/pressure feeling, no pain though, it seems to be coming from inside my anal passage just below the tailbone, if you understad that,
nothing seems to help, even when i pass bm`s or gas LOL.
i still have bm every morning,(thank you movicol) soft but formed. Still have to watch what i eat. but the nurses think that might be because of my ibs. so i tend to stick to soups, fish, bake potatoes, etc,
i cant eat bread that seems to bloat me up, most dairy products are no go, and semi skimmed milk seems to be easier on the tummy/ bms rather than full milk, its all about trail and error, as like the movicol, i now take just 1 movicol lunch time nd that seems to give me a good early morning bms, anytime between 7/9 am the following day :). i find taking 2 movicols in one day, once every fortnight gives me a good clean out, meaning i have 2/3 toilet trips the following day, not formed though,more the thick mud hut kind.
my open wound from the abcess is now superficial as the nurse calls it, so the packing has stopped, nd the nurse comes in every 2nd day mon/wed/fri/ now just to keep a check theres no infections/pains etc in the area, i am still ocd about cleaning the area, sometimes i shower my butt nd wound area 4/5 times aday, excessive i no, but getting another infection/abcess scares me senseless,
well i think thats about it for now, cant think anything else to mention. hope you all have a lovely easter weekend.
i might go for a walk, see how the weather is, i am not allowed to drive yet, i guess mr smith will be the man who will tell wen i can try, until then its walking lol
bye guy nd gals take care xx and have a happy easter everyone :bunbsd: :easterbsket:
derryboy
King Fissure