Keepin' on keepin' on

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Keepin' on keepin' on

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2007, 08:06

Hey Everyone,
I hope everyone's doing well with their respective AF battles. :) I'm doing okay--it's been a while since my last post!
A few days after my last post I got a stomach bug which didn't let me eat for two days. I was still recovering for a few more days and then the summer just got busier! Luckily the stomach bug didn't cause any scary moments--I was terrified there for a while!--but it did help me lose 5 post-baby pounds really quickly!
Things have been okay for me. I've had a few light spotting episodes and I still get that darn stretching feeling during difficult bm's, but I'm still going and I'm still hoping! I have an appointment with a surgeon later this month, just to discuss my options. I really do want to avoid surgery, so I'll see what he says.
I want to remind everyone to get out there and enjoy themselves. I know this thing can take over your thoughts and actions, but you can't let it take over your life all the time. I know, I know, easier said than done, but lately I've learned to say, Damn it, I need to relax a bit; I need to treat myself; I need to feel better. Yes, very Stewart Smally (sp?), but you have to be good to yourself. Okay, I should stop before movie soundtrack music starts playing.
All the best to everyone!
--Merita

Re: Keepin' on keepin' on

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2007, 09:04

Hey Everyone,
I just wanted to clarify something...Of course I believe you should all enjoy yourselves, but if your doctor has told you to avoid certain things then, of course, that takes priority. But try to keep positive! Good luck to all.
--Merita

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2007, 09:09

Hello Merita,

Thanks for the positive posting. I am glad you are doing ok. I hope everyone else is doing well. Congrats on the 5lb loss!! Bad way to do it but if it helped in the long run then good. I am doing ok too. I try not to push myself and I know my limits. I think! I think! the Nefedipine is working for me. The pain is way less but by no means completely gone. But you are right we all need to stay positve. I am really trying. Everyone have a great weekend.

Patty

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2007, 11:30

Glad to hear you are doing well, Merita. I was wondering how things were going with you.
Thanks for the reminder that we need to live our lives now and not just wait for the fissure to heal before we let ourselves enjoy things. We may have to modifiy how we do things but you are right we should still experience and enjoy life.
Keep us updated on how things are going and what the surgeon says. Things sound very promising!
Lecia

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion