Kim???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Kim???

Postby cherylk » 20 Nov 2008, 15:47

Fiss,
Are you glad that you had that skin tag removed? I find it amazing that you could go through the prep for colonscopy while having an active fissure. I would think that would have been quite uncomfortable. I didn't particularly like the enema they gave me at Mayos prior to my manometry test.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby pinky » 20 Nov 2008, 17:12

why cant i see the new posts?
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby pinky » 20 Nov 2008, 17:46

Thanks Kim.even i want to stop movicol once i heal and eat healthy.have you completely gone off junk food?do u never eat chips or coke or cakes?even i dont want to depend on stool softeners but ill have to do it slowly.ill continue taking it till i get back from india.dont wanna try anything new now. Image

Fissy-what all were u taking and how did you stop everything?can i know ur diet?
hope u'll never have to take any supplements to make ur poops soft again.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby juney » 20 Nov 2008, 19:24

my BMs were really mushy too lately so i've gone down to just fiber, 1 stool softener, and a vitamin e pill. i'm still going twice a day, but at least it's soft enough. i know what you mean about feeling like you'll never be truly healed fiss. i feel the same. i think it's been so long for both of us that we'll probably feel pains down there for a long time to come. i've kind of given up hoping this will go away for good. at this point i wouldn't even mind feeling the pains as long as the damn thing is healed inside!
i am still holding onto my high from last week Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Nov 2008, 23:02

Cheryl - I am glad I removed my skin-tags - especially one that was on 6 o'clock position - it was not "normal" skin tag - it was thick and going in-and -out the anus and at the end started to bleed . I had to remove it ! I did not have a choice - it was making things worse down there :( Yes, I also wonder how I survived many of the things that happened in the past 12 months Image - but somehow we all do LOL - it is not easy to die, even when we wish to Image
Pinky- I went off supplements because I did not need them any more Image , but you have to keep in mind, dear Pinky, that I NEVER was constipated to begin with. I went to the bathroom 2 times a day my whole life. With supplements I ended up going 4 times a day and I had to cut back at this point since going too often was irritating my butt. Iron supplement was a "last drop" by giving me really mushy poop and I just decided to "drop it all" and see. My diet is now as it always was - Mediterranean - I eat a lot of veggies and fruit but the only difference now is that I again also eat breads and pastry without a fear. I can again eat cakes and chocolate and cookies - but I always choose high quality ones. I do not eat "Oreos" (sp.?) or other pre-packaged and processed sweets . I never loved sodas - especially not any kind of Coke - just not my thing. I drink Orangina for example if I want something "bubbly" . It is carbonated water
and citrus juice and citrus pulp combo - just fantastic - at least I LOVE IT, I used to drink it for years before I got a fissure - so basically - my diet was always "fissure friendly" and I was never constipated , not even for a day - so it is hard for me to give advice Image because my diet might give constipation to somebody else :( . My GI just was always very efficient and meats and pasta and all of that jazz never slowed it Image. That is why I can eat all of it now without dire consequences Image . I do not eat chips - never did Image Just too greasy and salty for my taste. Good luck Pinky - don't rush anything yet !!!
Juney - yes, I know LOL. But I still hope Image . I kind of try to accept having not so perfect butt any more , just to save myself from disappointment. I had 3 weeks of no irritation or pain whatsoever - so I know it is absolutely possible Image It is wonderful to see you in control again Juney Image - do whatever is needed to make life easier - why suffer needlessly more than you already do Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?