Lactaid?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Lactaid?

Postby Kreaybutt » 27 Aug 2013, 17:08

Has anyone tried lactaid pills? My crs suggested eating Ice cream to help gain weight. I'm mildly lactose intolerant but got away with eating it pre af. It's really only milk I can't have but I don't want to take chances since I haven't had lactose in so long. So do the lactaid pills work for you? I started eating lactose free cottage cheese (has the lactaid enzyme) and its been fine in the tummy! Yay thanks!
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Re: Lactaid?

Postby Darkeyes » 29 Aug 2013, 19:02

Hi kreaybutt,
I am lactose intolerant and the Lactaid Fast Act pills work well for me. Without the pills, I get diarrhea if I eat milk, ice cream, or very soft cheeses. With the pills, I can eat these without getting sick. I have noticed an increase in gas sometimes when I have ice cream and the pills. I can find Lactaid ice cream here but I like to have other flavors of ice cream sometimes. Works well with whipped cream too. I hope it works for you!
Darkeyes
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Kreaybutt » 29 Aug 2013, 19:54

Thanks darkeyes! I'm going to try them out. I e been eating the "So Delicious" almond or coconut ice creams but there's nothing like my Ben and Jerry's. lol. I've yet to try the lactaid ice creams, are they good?
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby Darkeyes » 30 Aug 2013, 19:46

It is definitely worth a try with the Lactaid pills. If it works, then you have a lot more options for ice cream. The Lactaid brand ice cream is decent but Ben and Jerry's is definitely better! Lactaid ice cream is available here in Massachusetts but I know it is not available everywhere. It only comes in a few flavors. Breyer's has a lactose free ice cream that I tried years ago when I was out in California. Unfortunately, I got sick from it but that was at least ten years ago so maybe it has changed. All this ice cream talk has gotten me craving Ben and Jerry's!
Darkeyes
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements