Life after LIS??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Life after LIS??

Postby Guest » 09 Oct 2007, 12:48

Ok,
Kim has been great in answering my questions offline, but I can't believe all the things I currently do to try and heal my fissure. I also understand that I need to keep these things up while the fissure heals afer surgery. But here are my main questions:
1) How long before I cut the Colace? For some reason, I don't like taking it and I read that it is one of those drugs that eventually needs a constant increase in dosage to remain effective.
2) How soon do I get to stop lubbing with the 101 creams and ointments everyday?
3) Will I ever get to wip like a normal person again?
4) When do the 3 baths a day stop??
Thanks!

Re: Life after LIS??

Postby buttgirl » 10 Oct 2007, 09:33

I would say 6 mos after you think your fissure is healed to all three questions, thouhg I might cut the baths to once a day before then.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Cheryl » 12 Oct 2007, 17:01

Hi there :hi:
I used something called Sorbitol (it is a sugar based softener) i took it 3 times a day after my LIS, and over about 2 months, reduced it .. i think by 2-3 mths i had removed it completely, but i was always combining this with a good diet and metamucil..
i still, one year on use meatmucil one every evening and am going fine.
regarding the warm salt baths.. i did this for pain management... i think my 3-5 baths a day were always when i was having pain or straight after BM's for the first week, then i reduced them down as my pain eased..
hope this helps Image
cheryl
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Oct 2007, 17:13

I actually cut my colace off pretty quickly, but I never had pain *during* a BM much. I stopped after about a month.
Deleted User 5