LIS and multiple bowel movements in a day

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Postby kpain » 18 Mar 2014, 17:31

I am battling my 4 month old fissure and considering Botox or LIS. I have a tendency to have BMs 2-4 times a day to feel complete evacuation for the day. Usually it is 2 times but on random days may go to 3 or 4 times. It has been like this before I got this fissure. Stools are usually normal and formed and on rare occasions they are runny. I do not have any other issues except this. I am wondering if I go for LIS, will it cause leakage problems? Everyone is bit different when it comes to BM frequency. Some go once a day, some muliple times a day, some every other day etc. Anyone who had LIS and dealing with multiple bowel movements in a day, please share your stories. Thanks!
kpain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: LIS and multiple bowel movements in a day

Postby RecoveringAF » 20 Mar 2014, 16:03

The leakage after LIS is generally from the incision site, not stool leakage. kind of like the scab forming fluid. After a BM the leakage does increase some as you are stretching the incision some. I'm 8 weeks post LIS and most of this has stopped, but still a light amount of fluid builds up over the course of the day (yellowish - kind of irritates the skin). I prefer the days having more than 1 BM because that means the BM will be softer and less "stretching" required on the way out.
RecoveringAF

Topics: 1

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?