LIS/fissurectomy on Friday 8/26

Trying to cope

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS/fissurectomy on Friday 8/26

Postby Luka » 27 Aug 2016, 12:15

Update: Turns out I do not have a fissure (or any visible problems at all in my rectum or sigmoid) after undergoing the exam under anesethesia yesterday. I apparently have levator ani syndrome or pelvic floor disorder according to my CRS, which is apparently difficult to treat. So, it's back to the drawing board for me and I am still in pain. : (

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and great advice. Everyone on this board has helped me so much through these years and I am incredibly grateful. I explain more in my diary in the diary section.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby horsetrainer » 27 Aug 2016, 12:35

How did it go, Luka?

I'm doing okay after five days. Still hurting and there is bleeding still from my LIS incision. But overall, I'd say I am doing much better than I expected.
horsetrainer
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Luka » 27 Aug 2016, 12:39

horsetrainer: I had the exam under anesthesia, but my CRS could not find any fissure or anything wrong with me. He suspects it's levator ani syndrome or pelvic floor disorder causing my awful pain. So, I have to go through treatment for that now (if I can find someone my insurance will cover). I am at a loss. : ( I was hoping for a fix, even if it meant painful surgery. This is more complicated, apparently, and muscle-related.

I am glad you are doing okay, although I am sorry to hear you are still having problems. I really hope you get better soon and that your bleeding and pain stops. I will keep you in my prayers. : ) Thank you for your support and I wish you well and fast healing.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38