LIS Success

My Story

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: LIS Success

Postby chachacha » 22 Mar 2017, 17:08

Thanks for coming back and updating us on things. I think that you're right about us not really having noticed things before we had fissures, and I occasionally get a twinge or two as well, especially if I get the runs (which is very rare now).
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby brokenbottom » 28 Mar 2017, 13:48

Hello Skiponzo! Glad to hear your surgery was a success!

I'm heading for the anniversary of my surgery too and generally doing OK. I do still worry about what I've eaten every day, as I've had a few blips here and there. I avoid sitting down as much as I can and am obsessed with nuts, seeds and fruit. Not a bad thing I suppose! Have sort of accepted I'll never be totally normal again, but thank goodness the hideous, hideous pain has not returned. Just occasional tweaks and that "kicked" feeling.

Here's to your continued recovery and everyone else's on here too.

BB xx
Suffered acute AFs since about 2010
2015 Chronic AF diagnosed
18/2/16 Botox (unsuccessful)
12/4/16 Lateral anal sphincterotomy and removal of polyp and two tags
brokenbottom
VIP

Topics: 3

Postby GilmoreGirl » 28 Mar 2017, 14:19

Hi there - thanks for posting these updates, they give us all some hope!

Just wondering, how bad was your pain on the first and second day after the surgery? Was it fissure pain or incision pain? Was it constant or aggravated by a bm?

My system just hates opioids, so I'm going into LIS next week with the hope that I will be able to rely on Tylenol. Just thought I'd ask!

Thanks!

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Skiponzo » 28 Mar 2017, 14:53

GG. I was in a fair amount of pain immediately after surgery but it was different than the AF pain. I took a total of 2 pain pills the first day and did nothing but Tylenol afterward so I'm pretty certain you can get away with just Tylenol (though those first 24 hours will probably be difficult). Stay the course, get through the surgery and initial recovery because there is life on the other side of the AF. I still post here because there were many many times I felt there would NEVER be regular life again. I'm here to tell you and everyone don't let this ruin your life. Get the surgery and move forward. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy I did that.

Now off to coach my 10y/o's little league game. Something I did last year while in great pain and thus did not enjoy at all. This year is total different!
Skiponzo
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby ahoos26 » 28 Mar 2017, 15:32

i noticed some of you were posting here, do you have scars from the suture site of the LIS (or fissurectoy/hemmi removal if you had those procedures). I've been totally great since my surgery in April 2016 but just this week i had some funny feelings and i can feel what I think are the scars from my procedures. No blood or pain....just tons of worry and anxiety. Ugh.
ahoos26
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby GilmoreGirl » 28 Mar 2017, 15:49

Thanks so much skiponzo!

It's a relief to hear that. I have minimal fissure pain right now, so I'm hoping it will be only pain from the incision site after. They told me I could take up to 8 extra strength Tylenol in a day if needed, as long as it's not on a regular basis!

And I don't think anything could be as bad as fissure pain at its worst...the horrible burning spasms! I think if I can get through that then this will be breezy...I hope, fingers crossed!

Anxious to get it done and over with - I hope I can move on as well as you! Thanks!

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18