LIS surgery - 1st week

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS surgery - 1st week

Postby Bumpkin » 24 Sep 2012, 19:07

Grateful Al - I'm so happy to hear you're feeling cautiously amazing! It sounds like you're becoming a clean up professional as well. Awesome. So...was it actually a stitch or some other random string that you found? Please update us on your first post-op visit tomorrow!
My days are up & down (today is day #10)...one day is great...the next day not so great. I keep telling myself that everything is ok, but I'm so tuned into my body that I react (or overreact) to every little thing that happens. I just need to chill I suppose, but it's hard when such a sensitive part of your anatomy is involved. I would love to go to sleep and wake up in 3 weeks with a completely healed bottom! My husband told me not to rush my recovery. He is probably right...but just this one time only...haha. Image
Bumpkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Grateful Al » 24 Sep 2012, 23:30

Hi Bumpkin, Yes I have my follow up tomorrow and I hope my CRS doesn't poke my wound...yikes Image .Yes the recovery is a slow one....Thankfully, my BMs have been getting easier (less burn with each one) and cleanup is now becoming just a 5 minute affair. But I must say, standing over the toilet is still very tense for me expecting the absolute worst. Image I'm sorry to hear that you have some good days and some bad days Bumpkin... :roll: I was wondering.....are you following your Fissure diet still and are you taking your stool softeners? Its very important to continue to follow your diet and pre LIS BM regimen. As for me, I am still healing, less drainage..little blood and still get a pinch of pain at my tag removal site, if I pass gas. Image All I can say is just have patience...I want to wish you a more consitent recovery... and will follow up with you regarding my folllow up LIS appointment tomorrow.
Grateful Al
Fibre Addict

Postby Grateful Al » 27 Sep 2012, 17:28

Hi Bumpkin and Everyone!!! I had my first follow up appt with my CRS...He was nice but sort of worked on my ass sort of roughly to take a look at the healing from the tag and of course whether the fissure was healing. Image Maybe he wanted to shake up the scabbing or something..He said the AF was definitely healing and no longer had the redness from before. Image Nonetheless, he didnt seem as enthusiastic as I was hoping or I was feeling. Image Maybe this is due to the fact that he doesnt want to over build my confidence where I start eating junky food again and counter act the fissure healing process??? Image Needless to say, every BM has been easier than the last pain wise.. Image .I do have two issues however....the first being, sometimes feel like I'm not completely "emptied out" after a BM although after a few hours, this feeling subsides and secondly, my continued gauze packing of my tag wound after a BM and at the end of the day when I change it, has a bit of "skid mark" on it. Image ...Don't know if either of these two things are normal and part of the healing process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ... I'm just hoping for a complete recovery. I am eating healthy but not as stressed about every single thing I eat. After all, I really should add a few pounds back.. Image .especially after losing a few right after my LIS, where I was on one meal a day and broth. for almost two weeks.....yuch.. Image .So thats it for now..I hope Bumpkin, you are seeing some consistent positive progress now.. Image .Please keep my posted...Best wishes, Al Image
Grateful Al
Fibre Addict

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?