LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS HAD LIS

really interested in how recovery was

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS HAD LIS

Postby 21yroldneedshelp » 27 Jan 2016, 11:55

hi everyone,
I have LIS scheduled for next Friday and am pretty nervous. I've read so many different things online about the recovery, but I am a student and because I can't take off for two weeks or not sit on my butt like some people say, I really would like to hear from someone who has had the surgery and see what they say about the aftermath. Please let me know anything you have experienced (hopefully good)!!! I really appreciate it
21yroldneedshelp
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS HAD LIS

Postby Laurenlkw87 » 31 Jan 2016, 14:28

I had the surgery two days ago after going back and forth about having it for a few days. I was suffering for about a month and couldn't take it anymore. I am 28 years old and just had a baby on December 6. I read some horror stories that were scaring me big time but the aftermath is really not as bad as what I read...for me anyways. I was very afraid to go the bathroom afterwards but miralax has been getting me through and it just burns a bit when I go. I'm alternating Motrin and Tylenol and taking sitz baths throughout the day. Also staying off my butt as much as possible. Tough when you're breastfeeding! Doctor said I had two tears and two abrasions so I'm so glad it is now fixed and I'm sure it can only get better from here! So far I would say surgery is so worth it rather than living with the pain of a fissure! Good luck you will be fine!!'
Laurenlkw87

Postby 21yroldneedshelp » 01 Feb 2016, 17:33

thank you!! I ended up cancelling it today :( I'm gonna try to put it off til May when I'm done school because with a full time class schedule and a Job, I can't really stay off my butt or find the time to take more than 1-2 baths per day. I figure it hurts badly, but only for a few minutes per day so I'll try to live with it until I know I can have it done in the summer without being stressed about any responsibilities. thanks again for your reply :) much appreciated
21yroldneedshelp
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Laurenlkw87 » 01 Feb 2016, 17:47

That would probably be a good idea. You need like 1-2 weeks to recover and they will tell you not to sit for long periods of time. However if you're in pain eventually just get it done! It's really not that bad. Good luck with school!!!
Laurenlkw87

Postby Laurenlkw87 » 03 Feb 2016, 15:34

Honestly don't be afraid. I'm on day 5 post op now and I have to say the worst part is the itching! However it means it's healing and it's something I just have to deal with. But again have to remember it's much better to deal with that then pain the rest of your life!!!
Laurenlkw87