Lubrication??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Lubrication??

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2007, 08:07

I wanted to see what everyone uses for general, every day lubication, if anything. I'm thinking to myself that using KY jelly every day, a few times a day will help protect the AF and give it alittle more elasticity.
I plan to start Nifediphine soon and with the typical directions of three daily applications, would I really need KY Jelly anymore? If anyone who had experience with this can give me some advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, are the calcium channel blockers good lubrication before BM's.
Thanks!

Re: Lubrication??

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2007, 09:05

I like to use KY jelly as a lubricant and then A&D ointment as an occlusive before going to the bathroom. Just layer one on top of the other. I put the diltiazem on afterwards and throughout the day as directed. That should be enough lube without the other stuff. I didn't use is pre-bm but you could probably.

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 15:04

Thanks Lecia!
Are you still dealing with an AF? How did the diltiazem work for you?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jun 2007, 15:09

The BP creams would lubricate you some, but it would be a somewhat expensive waste of them to use them just prior to a BM and "lose" the cream. I always tried to use the nefedepine about an hour before a BM when I could to loosen the sphincter in preparation for the stress of the BM.
Yes, we have had board members heal while using diltiazem and her name is -- Lecia!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 18:33

Thanks Kim!
Do you think lubrication is a good idea just for everyday activitiy?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jun 2007, 18:50

It may be. But there is always the dryness issue, too. I tried using lubrication just before a BM, but couldn't tell much difference, although my BMs weren't really painful -- I just got the spasms later.
But if it helps avoid stresses that cause further injury, then why not? Even for everyday motion and range of motion activities - ?
You do need to keep things relatively dry down there to assist in healing and to avoid the itchiness.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2007, 19:27

Thanks Kim!

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion