Magnesium Citrate supplements a success for me!

Solgar Magnesium Citrate daily supplement

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Magnesium Citrate supplements a success for me!

Postby Magnesium Lover » 20 Jun 2018, 09:26

Have you tried taking magnesium citrate supplement? I suffered with fissures on and off for 10 years or more and had various creams from the GP. I was referred to a consultant 3 years ago, but in the meantime read on this forum that magnesium supplements could help relax the muscles and ease the spasms I was getting. As soon as I started taking the magnesium citrate the spasms eased and the healing process began. Fortunately it meant that I didn't have to go through with any surgery. I have continued to take these supplements ever since and if I run out and don't take them for a while, I start to get 'twinges' and take that as a warning sign and start taking them again. They may not work for everyone, but they are certainly worth a try if there's a chance they'll help. I swear by magnesium, it has totally changed my life and apart from the odd 'twinge' when I forget to take the magnesium, touch wood, I've been problem free since.
I think magnesium citrate is the better supplement of the magnesiums to be effective in this case. I take Solgate Magnesium Citrate tablets daily (200mg of magnesium each tablet, so 400mg a day) and easily available from Health Food Shops or via Amazon. Wishing you well!
Magnesium Lover
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Magnesium Citrate supplements a success for me!

Postby Kingfish » 20 Jun 2018, 12:36

Magnesium is great for keeping your BM's soft. I used it for a long time during my last fissure and it seemed to help. I'm not sure if the magnesium actually heals the fissure but it will clearly help keep things soft which will speed up healing.
Nifedipine over 2 months
Hot Sitz Bath
Cortisone cream
Lidocaine cream
Zinc Oxide cream
Coconut Oil
Doctor Butler's Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment
Manual Self Dilation
Mirolax
Metamucil
Pro-biotic
Kingfish
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby missy moo » 04 Jan 2019, 18:26

Just found this post thanks magnesium lover so I just it's still working years later? Congrats
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Magnesium Lover » 05 Jan 2019, 06:32

Hi Missy Moo
Yes, I still take Magnesium Citrate every day and it is still working for me personally. If I forget to take the supplement for a few days, I start to feel the beginnings of 'twinges', so I know that for me it is definitely worth taking all the time. I hope it works for you too.
Magnesium Lover
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 06 Jan 2019, 14:50

Thanks magnesiumlover do you take it on an empty stomach before bed?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37