Magnesium??

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Magnesium??

Postby Guest » 20 Apr 2008, 15:45

I have read that a magnesium supplement helps keep things soft. A few people have menitoned it. How much do you take and how many times a day?? What are other health benefits from magnesium? Just wondering I would be greatful for the input.
Thanks
Patty

Re: Magnesium??

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Apr 2008, 16:27

Dear Patty,
I take Mg supplement occasionally but not for poop - just as supplement - supposedly good for muscles pains and cramps. I did not notice any effect on poop , but again, I take only one pill a day - occasionally LOL. Sorry that I can not be of much help - I hope you are doing better ! 24th is just around the corner : ) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 20 Apr 2008, 18:44

I take 1200 mg a day and it really helps to keep me regular. I started this after my hernia surgery to get over the anesthesia effects and have used it ever sense. I think you would be fine to start with 400 mg once a day in the evening. It is also supposed to help you feel calm and sleep better.

Postby buttgirl » 20 Apr 2008, 20:17

i take 900mg a day. i use this instead of MOM. It is 1 pilll more than the suggested doseage.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Apr 2008, 05:37

Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 21 Apr 2008, 08:32

Oh, they are also good for migraines. I have almost completely gotten rid of migraines (knock on wood) since I have been on this.

Postby buttgirl » 21 Apr 2008, 13:07

it also helps with stress. One of the minerals that is depleted first is magnesium, whic explains why I always get constipated when I'm stressed. I wish I knew this 2 years ago...
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Apr 2008, 14:25

Geeeez - I am popping couple RIGHT NOW !!!!! Image Thanks for all the info !!! XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 21 Apr 2008, 16:13

Thanks everyone I will get some. I thought it would be helpful in many ways. Kim thanks for the article it was great. I am off to the health food store tomorrow. you guys are great!
Patty

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 08:02

Milk of Magnesium is what is prescribed after LIS surgery from my Doc. So I would assume Magnesium works for softness