manuka honey

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

manuka honey

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2007, 05:25

has anyone tried using this on a fissure? its meant to have amazing healing properties for repairing wounds. its even used in hospitals to treat MRSA wounds. was thinking to getting some manuka honey ointment, but wont bother if someone else as tried it and its useless.

Re: manuka honey

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2007, 08:42

Wow-I have not heard of that and as far as I know no one here has tried it. That would be interesting to see if it works. At least is shouldn't burn like some of this other stuff.
If you would like to try it and let us know we are always interested in natural alternatives.

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2007, 13:44

i take the honey orally, it helps alot with sore throat. heres a page i found showing pics of wounds healed with manuka honey, warning some graphic pics http://www.manukahoneyusa.com/customer-testimonies-with-photos.htm
theres one the of an AF healed with manuka oil wich i think is just a stronger type of t-tree oil

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Nov 2007, 14:15

Oh my, I saw some of the pictures, now my oatmeal is slowly but steadily climbing up from my stomach to my mouth ... Its ok, its ok...Just need a moment. Thanks for the info, absolutely worth of tying. I read that Wheat germ Oil gas great properties too. I bought a bottle in Whole Food and am trying to apply some on my F for 4 days now -it is hard because mine is inside so I use q-tips, but can't go deep , just 5 mm at most : (, otherwise it hurts. That would be great if somebody would try his herbal thing Manuka too - one never know !!!![/img] Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 05 Nov 2007, 16:55

OH...it's tea tree oil. that is the only thing that cured my friends foot fungus, ingrown toenail infection. It's really strong though. I'm glad they cut the oil with almond oil.

I am tempted to get thehoney, but I hate the way teatree smells. Maybe it tasted better than it smells.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 05 Nov 2007, 17:13

the honey tases a tiny weeny bit tea tree like, its nice though

Postby buttgirl » 05 Nov 2007, 17:25

how's it working for you?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 05 Nov 2007, 17:45

the honey im taking orally, i dont know if its making a diff with the fissure but it makes the dull food im eating taste better and is stopping me getting sick now that im eating alot less and low energy. everyone around me as been sick with bad colds, but the worst ive had is a bit of saw thoat and cough. i think its the antibacterial in the honey stopping me get worse and is stops my troat hurting for hours after ive had some. i stir it into warm water (avoiding milk) in the moring with bran falkes and cinnamon with chopped up prunes. sounds sick i kow but tastes nice, and cinnamon is meant to help with lubrication of bms. i think il try the ointment, could use it along with the wheatgrass cream im using

Postby happyass » 05 Nov 2007, 19:56

i can certainly enjoy cereal with cinnamon and chopped prunes!!!! yummy!
i don't know though if using a lot of cinnamon or constantly could delay or impede the healing of a fissure as it is a spice. all spices should be avoided if possible.
i love the smell of tea tree oil. i don't know if i would like the taste of it though!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby val » 06 Nov 2007, 02:32

My chiropodist told me to put tea tree oil on my sons verrucae, so I thought it would be very srong for a fissure, or does it not sting?
I use wheatgermoil, its brilliant stuff, I was putting it on about 4 times a day, but lapsed a bit and forgot and now its worse, but I've done loads of daft stuff together, not sure what has caused all the pain again.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86