Miralax Forever?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Miralax Forever?

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 22 Feb 2010, 20:56

thx for the advice guys. It wouldnt be that big a hassle taking miralax forever, but my doc told me to stop because she said over a long while it makes the muscles that push crap through your intestines atrophy. I asked her what the difference between miralax and prune juice and she couldnt give me a real answer when it came to that topic. If my AF gets worse I'll definately get the botox and during my open enrollment for my employer, i'm definately getting out of kaiser.
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby StevePain » 23 Feb 2010, 16:42

I've tried prune juice, it's ok if you can stomach it and definitely helps with BM's, another of my recent favourites is liquorice, I find that if I eat some every day it makes a good consistency on the way out, note: this is the only other thing which I eat that isn't part of my strict regime and may not have the desired effect on everyone, it's all trial and error.
I've never heard of the muscles becoming atrophied through prolonged use of miralax, I always thought that stuff was totally safe for long term use, even if that was the case i'd still continue taking it, atrophy can't be as painful as a fissure!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 23 Feb 2010, 17:27

My doc told me I will have to be on Miralax forever. Anything they give to babies cannot be too bad. Also, another medical person told me there are a lot worse things than always having to take Miralax. If a person can get it regulated correctly (amount), it can be a lifesaver for the butt and digestive system.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Feb 2010, 11:45

ONLY if your poop is super -soft - like mushy and has no form whatsoever - your muscles CAN get week.
Rectum must "work" as any other muscle !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 06 Mar 2010, 00:44

so is there a way to excercise your rectum and make it stronger again.
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Mar 2010, 02:54

Yes - it is possible to exercise it , believe it or not : )) ! One has to do Kegel exercise and also go slowly
with adding a "bulk" but with an anus that is already compromised with a fissure that process would be tedious.
Better NOT come to that point Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby StevePain » 06 Mar 2010, 03:32

I can't even think of exercising down there at the moment, it doesn't like opening up for a poop as it is and slams shut promptly afterwards, at times it feels as tight as a mouses ear hole Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Mar 2010, 17:19

Ha ha ha - of course do not make the "crazy sphincter" even stringer LMAO - that is only for people who think their is too week Image
I was laughing about "as a mouses ear hole" LMAO - yeap - that is how they are Image . I wanted to take mine out somehow and "tenderize it" with a mallet - often imagined that while preparing cutlets for dinner Image - not very "hygienic" to think about the anus in the kitchen LMAO - but what else one can think about when one has a fissure ????? Image Talking about an "obsession" Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Mar 2010, 17:20

Ha ha ha - of course do not make the "crazy sphincter" even stronger LMAO - that is only for people who think that their is too weak Image
I was laughing about "as a mouses ear hole" LMAO - yeap - that is how they are Image . I wanted to take mine out somehow and "tenderize it" with a mallet - often imagined that while preparing cutlets for dinner Image - not very "hygienic" to think about the anus in the kitchen LMAO - but what else one can think about when one has a fissure ????? Image Talking about an "obsession" Image
Fissulyna
VIP