MOM attempt # 2

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

MOM attempt # 2

Postby small_flower » 19 Apr 2008, 08:41

I feel like I am keeping track of scientific trials of an experiemnt Image
Ok so...
date: April 18th 2008
Dose: 1 tbl spoon
Result: awesome
I didnt have to get up and go in the middle of the night, and everything was perfectly fine when I went this morning! I am super happy. I think I even figured out how to swallow the stuff without getting it on the front of my tongue, so I don't taste it as much. This is all very helpful to me. I am glad I stuck with it.
Now what I am wondering is how long should I stay on it? I know that a lot of you use MOM on a regular basis, but I would rather not have to. I think I would like to use it purely to give my butt some time to heal. At the same time, i almost think that I will be afraid to go off of it. So what is the next step?
How long should I stay on MOM for healing?
How should I ween myself off?
happy dance!
:pooh:
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: MOM attempt # 2

Postby val » 19 Apr 2008, 10:12

I'm glad you found the right dose quickly, you were very lucky, it took me ages to perfect it then I came off it for a few months and took too much again!
I dont think you can get dependent on it, but I know what you mean, I didn't want to take it long term either. I took it until I didnt feel I needed to any more. Perhaps if you tried fish oil or flaxseed oil that may be enough? And you wouldnt be dependent on that because its just oil that is good for you.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 19 Apr 2008, 11:11

Glad you found the right amount for you. Don't try to rush to get off of it-make sure you are well past healing. Then you could just use it occ. when you have uncertainties about how your bm is going to go.

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Apr 2008, 13:23

I agree with Lecia - I was advised to go off it when my fissure healed naturally and I did it too fast and my fissure reopened again : ( ! Stay on it at least 4 more weeks after you think you healed completely and than go half dose for the next 4 weeks and than try to take just Mg supplements and natural oils after meal.
Best of luck !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Sorerumpie » 19 Apr 2008, 15:39

Kate, I'm finding that I have maintained fairly soft poop with only a scoop of Citrucel fiber (11.5g) in my juice in the morning , and one Colace (docusate sodium 100mg ) with it .
Have been doing this religously for a few months now.
Might not be enough for you - but might be a choice other than MOM.
I can't stand MOM - Double Yuk !!
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby juney » 19 Apr 2008, 21:13

cherry flavored MOM is actually kind of good tasting. i plan to stay on 1 tbsp every night forever. i wouldn't be in too much a rush to wean off it if i was you either...1 year after surgery and still having issues, might as well stay on it at least another year to make sure. just take things slow and give your body time
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Apr 2008, 00:52

There is strawberry taste too !!! Major difference in comparison with "plane"one - like day and night !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 20 Apr 2008, 03:00

we only have mint flavour here!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby happyass » 20 Apr 2008, 06:47

we should open up our own little internet anal fissure store where you can get flavored MOM and sent to you anywhere in the world :-)
hehehehehehe.....
kate, i guess i would use it as long as you like but give it at least a couple of weeks to use.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby small_flower » 20 Apr 2008, 11:33

My only problem that I am having now is that the skin on the outside of my bum area is very sensitive. It seems like its getting irritated. Should i use vaseline before I go? Is there anyway to get this skin to heal faster? I'm thinking that, since I have acid reflux disease, some of the stomach acid might be coming out and irritating the skin, but who knows. Any suggestions?
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62