Mood swings

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion




Mood swings

Postby Camry » 19 Oct 2021, 02:33

Ever felt mood swings just quickly change after bm when you feel the spasms/pain/throbbing etc. Before bm you are this active happy person and then bam! After bm you feel irritated, worrisome, anxiety kicks in! You try to divert your attention to other stuff but sometimes your af really gets in the way and its hard to concentrate.
Camry
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 69
Topics: 11
Joined: 25 Jul 2018, 19:07
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: None specified

Re: Mood swings

Postby Conifer » 19 Oct 2021, 08:50

All the time, every day. I’m also finding it increasingly hard to mask the pain I feel when talking/working with others that don’t know what’s going on and it’s giving me a very short fuse. I’m so snappy in a way I just never used to be. My poor husband comes home every day from work (luckily I Wfh just now) and has no idea what to expect - will it be happy, relaxed wife or crazy, crying, miserable wife!
Conifer
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 21 Aug 2021, 02:35
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Female

Re: Mood swings

Postby Camry » 19 Oct 2021, 21:20

Conifer wrote:All the time, every day. I’m also finding it increasingly hard to mask the pain I feel when talking/working with others that don’t know what’s going on and it’s giving me a very short fuse. I’m so snappy in a way I just never used to be. My poor husband comes home every day from work (luckily I Wfh just now) and has no idea what to expect - will it be happy, relaxed wife or crazy, crying, miserable wife!



How long do your spasms last conifer? That is the irritating part actually. The throbbing and annoying part. Mine usually starts after early morning bm and will last until maybe late afternoon. This was gone before. But after i had a retear a couple of weeks ago, am back at it again.
Camry
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 69
Topics: 11
Joined: 25 Jul 2018, 19:07
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: None specified

Re: Mood swings

Postby Conifer » 20 Oct 2021, 01:18

It can pretty much be all day. I’m lucky (I guess) in that I don’t have glass cutting with bm due to everything always being soft but immediately afterwards I get intense burning which progresses after a short while to aching and cutting pains which I assume is spasming. What do yours feel like? I looked using a mirror last week at the area (urgh won’t be doing that again) and the fissure I can see is really big and more like a sore than a cut. It’s always open and will never heal on its own - I’m having lis and tag removal in 2.5 weeks and it can’t come soon enough!
Conifer
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 21 Aug 2021, 02:35
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Female

Re: Mood swings

Postby Camry » 20 Oct 2021, 08:14

Conifer wrote:It can pretty much be all day. I’m lucky (I guess) in that I don’t have glass cutting with bm due to everything always being soft but immediately afterwards I get intense burning which progresses after a short while to aching and cutting pains which I assume is spasming. What do yours feel like? I looked using a mirror last week at the area (urgh won’t be doing that again) and the fissure I can see is really big and more like a sore than a cut. It’s always open and will never heal on its own - I’m having lis and tag removal in 2.5 weeks and it can’t come soon enough!



Never checked it out at the mirror as it may trigger anxiety. Very anxious person you know. During bms there are cutting pains. That feeling when you put alcohol to an open wound. After bm the throbbing starts and usually relax end of the day. But this is if i only do 1 bm a day. If i have 2 bms my poor butt feels really sore. I bought magnesium citrate today and will try it. I just need to make my poops soft consistently if possible. Good luck on your procedure. Hoping for the best.
Camry
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 69
Topics: 11
Joined: 25 Jul 2018, 19:07
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: None specified

Re: Mood swings

Postby Conifer » 20 Oct 2021, 08:48

Let me know how the magnesium goes. I have read things here about it helping muscles relax but I’m so nervous to change from using laxido. The spasms are just the worst. I feel like someone is cutting me with a knife all day. And my procedure is in 3.5 weeks - I cried when I realised I got it wrong and now have more time to wait.

Yes and don’t look at it. I wish I never did. What a horror show!
Conifer
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 21 Aug 2021, 02:35
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Female

Re: Mood swings

Postby Camry » 20 Oct 2021, 20:38

Conifer wrote:Let me know how the magnesium goes. I have read things here about it helping muscles relax but I’m so nervous to change from using laxido. The spasms are just the worst. I feel like someone is cutting me with a knife all day. And my procedure is in 3.5 weeks - I cried when I realised I got it wrong and now have more time to wait.

Yes and don’t look at it. I wish I never did. What a horror show!


Day 1 of magnesium citrate. I only took one tablet last night with though recommended dose is 2 tabs a day along with my 2 colace. I bought the solgar brand. Prune juice in the am. Bm was a bit soft, pain was still there. Bleeding i did not attempt to check. I dont know if bm was soft because i just ate leafy foods last night. Will try to observe more a couple of days and check if i need 2 tabs of it.
Camry
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 69
Topics: 11
Joined: 25 Jul 2018, 19:07
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: None specified

Re: Mood swings

Postby Camry » 21 Oct 2021, 21:52

Day 2 of magnesium citrate. Bm was softer than my usual soft. Spasm was still there afterwards. Noticed lower abdomen cramping pain but not sure if caused by magnesium. I used to feel this before when i am anxious or stressed.
Camry
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 69
Topics: 11
Joined: 25 Jul 2018, 19:07
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: None specified


Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests