Movicol/Miralax

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Movicol/Miralax

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Nov 2008, 12:26

Deleted User 5

Re: Movicol/Miralax

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2008, 12:30

Would someone want to send me Movicol so I can see how it works differently from the Miralax? I thought they were the same but looking at the ingredients it appears different.
Miralax just has polyethylene glycol which is inert and just absorbs water into the stool.

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2008, 12:40

Oo intresting ! What does it mean ??
I can send some your way i have been rustling something together for you anyway :)

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2008, 12:50

I'm not sure what it means, what do you mean, if you know what I mean?
That would be great Tabby. Do you still have my addy?

Postby cherylk » 04 Nov 2008, 12:51

I'm very confused!! I thought that Miralax and Movicol were identical--just different names because of the different countries selling the product. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2008, 12:58

Of course i have your addy :)
I dont know if the sodium and such is an issue in movicol Image maybe the miralax would be better as it has only one ingredient !
I am confused too Cheryl :roll:

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2008, 13:02

Yeah, I thought they were the same, but looking at the ingredients the Movicol seems more like MOM since it has different electrolytes.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Nov 2008, 13:05

They both use polyethylene glycol 3350 as the inert (but active?) ingredient.
The sodium bicarbonate, potassium chloride and sodium chloride (electrolytes) have been included among Movicol's ingredients in order to help ensure that this medicine (this laxative) achieves its goal without causing the organism to lose or gain significant amounts of sodium, water and potassium.
www.drugdelivery.ca/s33769-s-MOVICOL.aspx+movicol+ingredients&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:KiiKUp31VIUJ:www.drugdelivery.ca/s33769-s-MOVICOL.aspx+movicol+ingredients&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
Apparently the Mirilax doesn't have the "buffers," but they use the same thing as a stool softener, the term Macrogel is just another word for polyethylene glycol 3350.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2008, 13:25

Oh, I got it now! Well, that is good to know-thanks for clearing that up, so it is essentially the same thing!

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2008, 14:36

Its pickled my head thats for sure Image