My Anal fissure story - Diet that helped me

How I dealt/dealing with Anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

My Anal fissure story - Diet that helped me

Postby naturesboy » 12 Mar 2017, 13:41

Hi ALL

I am 29 years old and I have had anal fissures few times before in my life. Every time I get one, it usually heals in few weeks. I want to share my story with time lines about my recent fissure and may be it might help some one out there.

02/17 to 03/05 => was having moderate blood in stools and moderate pain. I was taking stool softeners during this time and had a normal diet.

03/06 => things got worse. For the first BM, I strained very hard two long semi hard stools came out and there was 4 spoons of blood. I have experienced worst pain for the next 5 hours, 2nd BM was slightly better but it didn't calm down the pain. The pain calmed down in the afternoon after I applied 'preparation H'. I decided to change my diet on this day, this is what I ate

Breakfast 8AM => 1 serving of quick oats(40 gms) microwaved until it becomes very soft. 2 spoons of flax seed powder and handful of blue berries.

three glasses ( 1glass = 240 ml) of water in between

Lunch 12PM => 300gms Salad (lettuce, black beans , chick peas, green peas) with 1 spoon of ranch.

two glasses ( 1glass = 240 ml) of water in between

3PM => 1 apple

5PM => 1 apple

7PM => 1 spoon of Metamucil in 1 glass of water followed by another glass of water

8PM => 300 gms Salad (lettuce, chick peas)

one glass ( 1glass = 240 ml) of water in between

9PM => 1 stool softerner

11PM => Bed

The above diet helped to get a soft stool the next morning. I was not at all expecting that, I thought I would get to soft stools few days later but the above diet proved me wrong. Till today I am trying to follow the above diet with couple of exceptions

1. lunch => rice with curries (lentils or cabbage or beans)
2. No stool softeners

if the above diet works for you, I'd suggest to knock down stool softener first and try to replace lunch with healthy whole grain foods so that you wont feel starved. Please let me know if you have any questions/suggestions/corrections etc.

Thanks for reading this.
naturesboy

Topics: 1