Nebie Alert!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Nebie Alert!

Postby hotpinkblack » 30 May 2011, 00:47

Hello Everyone! I have been dealing with this for a couple of months now. Actually, thinking back I think I have had this problem for awhile, but it is getting worse as I get older. I went to the doctor last week and he told me I have an AF and prescribed a high fiber diet and hydrococone with acetaminophen, which he told me to take only at night. I have been doing the sitz bath, high fiber, steroid cream, ice pack, heating pad and it still feels like there are razor blades in my butt! Actually, the heating pad seems to help a little. I just make sure to use a heavy towel between me and the heating pad because it gets too hot. The only way I get any relief is by taking 2 of those pills, but then I feel so weird. Image I am glad there are others out there who are going through the same thing so we can talk and share stories!
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Nebie Alert!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 31 May 2011, 06:32

Hey Hotpinkblack - welcome! I'm sorry you have to be here. It sounds like you are doing the right things to get the fissure healed ... the only suggestions I would make are: be a little careful with the ice-packs. In order to heal the fissure, blood has to flow to the area, which is why heating pads and warm baths are so good. The ice can help with pain and swelling (if you have any of that), but you probably don't want to use the ice too much. Also, I really don't like the idea of using steroid cream on fissures. In fact I'm sure that's how mine got so bad. Steroid creams thin the skin, which really isn't good when you have a fissure. Maybe you can ask your doc about diltiazem or nitro ointments instead. Anyway, that's just my opinion :)
I really hope you can heal your fissure very soon! Meanwhile, you'll get lots of support and great advice from the folks here.
Deleted User 579

Postby hotpinkblack » 31 May 2011, 07:43

Hi, thanks for the reply! I am going to go back to the doctor next week. It is still hurting like a mofo, but I am working through it I guess. Thanks for the support! Image
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Postby Elphie » 31 May 2011, 08:19

Hi hot! I would have to agree with hopetoheal, I was treating my AF at first with steroid cream because I'd been dealing with hemmies since I was 26, it DEFINITELY made it worse! If I was you I would stop! You'd be better off with olive oil and you can get lidocaine ointment OTC just ask your pharmacist. She's also right about the ice, it will CAUSE spasms, although post LIS it's a lifesaver! Hope and I both used a combo of ibuprofen and generic robaxacet, muscle relaxant, and it really takes the edge off, after a year of experimenting this was the only thing that helped, my GP prescribed me a less addictive slow release form of Valium called oxazepam and that was the first thing I took that eliminated the spasms and burning but it's a little harder to function with these cuz u do get a little buzzed, but on bad days, the trade off was worth it. Stick to the heating pads and you'll do better. Good luck and I hope, at least today, that you are having a good butt day!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby hotpinkblack » 31 May 2011, 15:21

Thank you for your support and suggestions. I like your witchy picture!
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Postby Elphie » 06 Jun 2011, 18:26

Did you get to see your doc yet? Just wondering if you've found some relief? Hope you're having good butt days and that your doc was gentle!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby hotpinkblack » 06 Jun 2011, 20:07

Thanks for your concern! I go back tomorrow and we will see what he says! I have had a week of bleeding and horrible pain to itching and mild pain and now we are back to bleeding and horrible pain. I hope he does something soon!
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 07 Jun 2011, 08:28

Poor you, Hot! We definitely understand that vicious cycle! Not only is it painful, it is emotionally draining. I really hope your doc helps you today. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby hotpinkblack » 07 Jun 2011, 23:36

Yeah, I don't think he has ever had an AF and has no idea how they feel. I want to kick him in the balls! He told me that I am not covered through my medical for Botox so that is not an option I guess he dosent think I can raise the money for it. Also he said that I am not "ready" for surgery yet. He told me to keep eating fiber and liquids. He gave me a cream called Americazine and told me he would write a RX for ladiocaine if it didn't work. He said that is condition is just an "Annoyance", obviously he has never had a cut in his butt.
So, I got me one of those butt pillows and I am just been taking narcotics when everything else won't work. This sux! Image
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 08 Jun 2011, 07:12

Freakin', feckin', flippin' doctors! I could rant all day! I have had absurd experiences with some real winners lately Image
I definitely sympathize!
So what's this Americazine ointment? I've not heard of it before. If it isn't a calcium channel blocker (like nifedipine and diltiazem) or a vasodilator (like nitro), I really think you should consider seeing a different doctor who has a better understanding of fissures. I'm not sure what he could have meant by "you're not ready for surgery" - perhaps he doesn't think it's in that chronic stage where surgery is indicated yet and would like you to try conservative methods first. If so, that's a fairly common strategy, and it does make sense. I would just make sure that you were give the proper meds.
I know how you feel dealing with doctors! I really hope you get some relief very soon.
Deleted User 579

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here