Need Help...Yeast infections in digestive tract

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Need Help...Yeast infections in digestive tract

Postby happyass » 06 Nov 2007, 10:13

hi chris,

i am not familiar with the yeast diet.

i know macrobiotically, wheat is okay. there are many things in macrobiotics that are wheat - seitan, tempeh, cereals, breads, etc. however, if you are allergic to wheat or have some sensitivity to it, you can definitely find those items that are gluten-free or have no wheat.

miso does not have wheat :-)

i wonder if there is a way that you can get a confirmation that you definitely have a high yeast activity in your digestive system. aside from this, a good blood chemistry test would be good to do to see if you are deficient in any vitamins or minerals. this can also help to explain how you are feeling.

also, with the weather changing, not sure if you are prone to SAD - seasonal affective disorder. i know i am and it is a transition process for me during the change in seasons to get adjusted. mostly, you become more depressed and irritable due to the change in sunlight but it can affect other systems in the body as well.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 06 Nov 2007, 16:21

I'm still working on the "tests." It been months of tests and doctors and it's gotten to the point that I hate going to doctors now. Unfortunately there is no definitive test for Candida, but there is a product called Threelac that seems to be the universal product for this. I do know a colonoscopy is in my near future.
Thanks for the info HA!

Postby Guest » 09 Nov 2007, 18:30

Chris,
I have had a problem with yeast in the past. The doctors love to put you on antibiotics and that can cause a yeast overgrowth also. Trust me. Let me tell you something. Yeast thrives on sugar. I was drinking and eating things to high in sugar so I adjusted my diet to stuff that had a low sugar content. Alot of juices, sports drinks, and energy drinks are high in sugar as well as soda. I also took a garlic supplement and acidophilus. This helped me alot. I eat Activa yougurt everyday too. I hope this is helpful to you. Good luck!
Take care,
Patty
:snoopys:

Postby Guest » 09 Nov 2007, 18:35

Even carb rich foods can make me more suceptible. If I eat a plain bagel I can just feel it almost instantly as the yeast mobilizes.

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2007, 14:17

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm thinking that with me huge cut back in weight training and still eating things like Powerbars, I'm not doing myself any favors.
Patty and Lecia,
How did/do you feel when you had issues with yeast overgrowth? My muscles seem to get tight, but weak and I have an overall feeling of poor health. I also get tingling around the body.

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Nov 2007, 15:08

CHRIS, did you check your blood sugar level lately ? Maybe you have problem metabolizing sugars !!!!!
All the best !!!
PS: If you suspect candida problem - go to naturopath (alternative docs), or doctors who specialize in environmental medicine. There are blood tests that look for candida antibodies and some other ones that can be performed. There is also great book called " The Yeast Connection" or "The Candida Connection" , forgive me, it was long time ago when I red it - should be in any bookstore...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2007, 16:39

Chris,
I felt run down when i had the problem with the yeast. I never had any symptoms you had but I felt yukky. I had thrush really bad from high doses of antibiotics. They can cause yeast overgrowth. I have had it 3/4 times in my life. I am just proned to it. This last time I was so runned down from this fissure it took me a long time to get rid of it. It made me feel sick all the time. When it went away I perked right up. Good luck!
Patty
:snoopys:

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Nov 2007, 14:54

Patty, how did you heal your fissure ? How long you had it ?
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2007, 17:32

Fissulyna,
I did not heal my Fissure yet. It is somewhat healed from the Botox shot. I had a second shot last Wednesday and I hope this one gets me all the way healed. I was diagnosed last May but I had it I think since Dec 2006. A PA at my doctors office told me I had hemmroids. I didn't have any hemmroids at all. So I was treaitng hemmroids and not the fissure. It kept on getting worse and worse. Hopefully this Botox shot will do the trick
Take Care,
Patty

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Nov 2007, 18:02

Oh, thats right Patty, sorry for mixing you up with somebody else : ( ! My mind is not working properly today because of all that pain and itching down there - not to mention that I got my period on top of it all - JUST fantastic $^%^%%$#$.
Do you still have to use any creams after shot and those annoying baths , or you just have to watch what you eat ? Do you take any pain meds ?
Thanks a lot i advance and I apologize for the mix-up - I know that you will understand what fissure can do to our brains ! Image
Fissulyna
VIP