Need some advice

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Need some advice

Postby xlyte » 11 Jan 2017, 10:01

Hey everyone! I am a 19/M who's dealt with on-and-off anal fissures. My first one occurred 7 months ago which lasted ~2-3 weeks, and it wasn't very pleasant. I never felt any pain at all, however I dealt with bloating, incomplete bowel movements, loose stools, and muscle tightness in the anal sphincter. It was difficult to pass any gas because the area didn't feel "open", or loose stool would block the area, and this caused me to go 4-5 times per day. I eventually went to see my doc, and she prescribed me Hydrocortisone USP 2.5 cream. My mom applied this for me once everyday (lol, embarassing I know!) for ~2 weeks. When the cream was applied, the "trapped air" came out quite easily, and the bleeding lessened as the days gone by. At the end of the 2 weeks, everything was back to normal and there was no bleeding. Fast forward 7 months later, I dealt with constipation, and I have another fissure, or reoccurring one, but the symptoms aren't as severe this time.

Now, I am fully aware of the claims made on this forum that the Hydrocortisone USP 2.5 cream actually makes things worse because it thins the skin and makes you prone to future tears, however I am considering using this cream again for my new fissure. My mom uses this cream every now and then when she bleeds a little bit, and by the next day she's fine. I used it, and I felt relief too. I just wonder if people are concerned with using this cream for many weeks in a row, or if it's okay to use it for 2 weeks in a row instead? How should I go about using this cream for my fissure? Is the thinning permanent, or does it heal over time when I have finished using it? Do I go back to the doc for another update and ask for a new cream, or is it safe for me to use the Hydrocortisone USP 2.5 again for another 1-2 weeks? Thank you all :smilyhug:
xlyte

Topics: 1