Need some advice

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Need some advice

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 17:33

Hello,
I have been in agony with a fissure since the summer. I am still waiting to see a CRS. I dont have an appointment until March!! I tried nito two weeks ago prescribed by my GP.
I had a terrible reaction to it and broke out it a crazy itchy rash (which was actually worse than the pain I had been having) I have never experienced something so awful. It wasnt just itching. It was intense burning itch. It was like my bum was on fire!!!
There was nothing I could do that would help. The rash is almost better but now I have noticed a discharge. (Gross!!!)
It is yellowish with no smell. Its not alot just a little bit but enough to worry me.
I have read alot on here about abcesses and it has got me worried. Is this what happens when you have an abcess?
Also do people get better without taking medication? Some days I hope that I will go to sleep and never wake up. This is the worst thing ever!! Im only 28 and I feel like my life is over!

Re: Need some advice

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Dec 2007, 17:42

Hi Rose! It sure sounds like you've been in pain for a while! Image
But all anal fissures eventually make their exit!! Image
The thing is, while you are dealing with it, it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel! But there really is. The thing is, to keep at it, and attack it from every angle you can.
First off, it may be best if you see a GP about the discharge, especially if it continues in the immediate future. No one here could truly make an adequate diagnosis, though most likely some of us can put your mind at ease, perhaps!! The discharge is definitely a sign of something amiss, best to deal with it sooner rather than later!
Once things settle down with your membranes some, you might want to consider the nefedipine or diltiazem creams (if you haven't already) from your GP. Three months sure is a long wait to see a CRS!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 17:54

I second what Kim says. You should get it checked out and while you are there ask about diltiazem and nefidipine. They are beta blocker (blood pressue medicines) that are compounded into an ointment. They are generally better tolerated than nitro.

I got a rash on my behind from using too many ointments once and had to get topical steroids to get it to calm down. that might help you in this case.

When I am worried about something it usually puts my mind at east to get it checked out then to wonder what is going on.

I know how you feel about not wanting to wake up sometimes when you are dealing with a lot of pain. But you do have your whole life ahead of you and you will get better. Don't ever give up. We have to fight!!!

:truebud:

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 18:01

Hi Rose,
Boy, can I relate. I am so sorry that you are going through so much pain, and I do know the feeling of not wanting to wake up the next day if this is what is waiting for me.
Kim and Lecia are right. Call your Dr. immediately and tell him/her about your adverse reaction and the pain it's brought with it. It can't be common, and there are other creams and ointments out there to help.
For me, I had that horrible burning sensation that sent me through the roof when I applied licocaine and some got inside my bum. The only thing that helped was completely bathing and then applying an ice pack to the area. I still prefer ice packs to sitz baths, contrary to what most people in our situation do.
Please let us know what happens, and call your doctor! You really shouldn't wait for more than a few days to be seen.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Dec 2007, 18:24

I still prefer ice packs to sitz baths, contrary to what most people in our situation do.
Just don't forget, one great benefit from heat, is that in dilating the blood vessels, you are allowing for a higher blood flow and therefore you are speeding the healing of the fissure. Inadequate blood flow is the primary reason most fissures don't heal.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 19:13

Maybe you could alternate?

Postby happyass » 06 Dec 2007, 20:17

hang in there rose.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby val » 07 Dec 2007, 07:09

Hi Rose,
get the discharge checked out quickly. That was what happened to me last week and the sooner you get antibiotics the sooner it will go. I know its scary, but if its an infection, it won't go away just by wishing its not there. I have also been in so much pain that I cried every night to my husband that I wanted to die. But it DOES get better, with time and the right treatment. Get to your GP!
I wish you luck, and hope you feel better soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 07 Dec 2007, 12:42

How are you feeling now Val? are the antibiotics working?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 07 Dec 2007, 12:56

Its better than it was. I had a large bleed from it and panicked and went to the doctor and the nurse said there is always a build up of blood behind an abcess and that there was just a hole there now. It still hurts but I'm hoping that it will heal. I'm just so afraid of it becoming a fistula.
How are you now?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86