Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: new member

Postby Jo » 07 Oct 2008, 08:10

Welcome Frank,
Sorry you are battling this problem.
I have used the Movicol (Miralax) for over 6 months, it works great for me. It does take several days to start working and then you may have to lower the dose. It has been a challenge finding the right dose at times, but it works great! It brings water into the stool and makes bm's much easier.
Best of luck to you.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 07 Oct 2008, 16:09

regarding the price of the anoheal, the estimate from my chemist details the
the price breakdown
cost 154.27
markup 77.11
fee 2.75
total 234.08
all prices are euro
nice little markup on it

Postby happyass » 07 Oct 2008, 18:27

that anoheal is sure expensive...that would be like $480 US!!!! that cream better be a miracle in a tube! Image
anyway, welcome frank and i hope you will recover and get back to enjoying your life.
for now, your butt is calling for some attention and as we have all been through this, it also requires some attention perhaps at what you are eating, your exercise, and what kind of stress levels you may be carrying around.
as much as we all want to get rid of this situation pronto! it may be something that will hang around until you make some changes.
the great thing about this board is that we have plenty of great people from all over and you are in good company with our UK friends!!!
never be shy about asking anything for i think we are all of open minds and have just about heard and experienced everything ass related! Image
take it easy and welcome again.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Oct 2008, 21:34

Frank - this is just horrendous that you had to pay so much - it is pure rip-off Image !!! I agree with a Happy - it must be a magical potion they made you !!! How many oz. you got ??? Goodness gracious !!!
I surely hope it will heal you fast Image . You have to be diligent with proper diet, baths, stool softeners if necessary, and everything else we mentioned here. With all of that if lucky you will heal in 8-12 weeks . But, even after that , you have to continue with this regiment (minus creams) for a year to make your fissure site regain 80 % of its strength and do not open again.
Best of luck with it all Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 08 Oct 2008, 02:13

Good luck Frank :)
Lecia, isn't burnbuttgirl or buttgirl from Ireland? Or someone else? Maybe I'm wrong.
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 08 Oct 2008, 06:48

No, BG just visited Ireland and has the picture up for her avatar!

Postby happyass » 08 Oct 2008, 19:23

lecia is that your home!!!?? what a beautiful house!!! it's like a dream house.....beautiful! just like you Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 08 Oct 2008, 19:59

You are so sweet! Yes that is my home but it is all camera angles that and photoshop that make it look nice (kinda like my personal photos-can you say touch up?)
I love your avatar btw. When I see it I just smile and think wow-he looks like a happyass! :Gareth: