Nifedipine

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Nifedipine

Postby Jen » 02 Mar 2008, 13:57

Has anyone ever used nifedipine? Did it heal you? How long did you use it? Did it stop any spasms?
I am currently using it and have been for 3 weeks. I am satisfied. Life is better now that I have it. I am just wondering if I should keep using it or get off...If I use it for 3-4 months will it lessen the chance of retearing? My doc said to use it for 3 weeks...but I thought that was kind of short.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Re: Nifedipine

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Mar 2008, 14:01

Your doctor is an idiot ( I don't know whats up with me and doctors this morning Image ), use it as long as it helps and does not give you any side effects !!!
All the best!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2008, 14:02

Cute kid! He looks older than 5 months with all that hair!

I would stay on it longer than that. Even if you feel better I would use it anyway. There is no complication that I am aware of that would preclude you using this for a longer period of time. I use diltiazem (which is like nifedipine) for 4 months. Even when I got better I still used it and really think it helped. So no rush getting off.

Postby Jen » 02 Mar 2008, 14:05

I know...I really like my CRS, but I thought the same thing...3 weeks is way too short.
Lecia - Did the diltiazem finally cure you?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2008, 14:09

Yes, it did! That and taking 2-3 baths a day and keeping my bowel movements like toothpaste. It took me 4 months though! But yes, it worked for me.

Whoops, just noticed you changed your photo-now he is a little baby there. How fast times flies! My girls are 5 and 10.

Postby Jen » 02 Mar 2008, 14:13

Do you think you are completely healed? Do you have any spasms? Are you still using the cream or did you stop?
Oh..you changed your picture too! My little guy is 5 weeks in this photo. He is now 14 months. I can't wait to have another...I just need this fissure to go away!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby small_flower » 02 Mar 2008, 14:19

I started using nifedipine as a last ditch effort before I decided on my surgery, but I couldn't continue using it because it gave me headaches! I wish I could have, and I wish I could now, because that would probably help me a lot, but headaches are the last thing I need, and I think I am getting along with out it pretty well.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Mar 2008, 14:33

Oh, that is interesting ! As far as I know only Nitro cream gives headache ! I used both kinds, and I had only mild headache with Nitro, never with Nifedipine !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby small_flower » 02 Mar 2008, 15:07

Maybe it was nitro that I was given....hmmm... *scratches head*
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Mar 2008, 15:18

Kate, headaches are the most common side effect of nefedipine, in sensitive individuals, perhaps you are one. Anytime you dilate blood vessels, it's possible some was absorbed and dilated others around your system, including the head.
Deleted User 5