OMG I finally was able to join

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

OMG I finally was able to join

Postby Bummed Out » 06 May 2009, 19:38

Hi All
I found this forum about 5 days ago and was so happy. I tried to register about 4 times and it kept saying no new people were allowed. I was very disappointed. But I thought I would try one more time and look here I am. YEAH!!!!!! I was really wanting some support as I underwent the dreaded LIS yesterday and I was sooo scared. Somehow I made it though and am now in search of an answer to my lastest question. My suffering was quite severe and the pain from the spasms lasted from 9-12 hours after a BM. From what I've gathered from this site, it seems like once you've had the surgery, that you shouldn't have anymore spasms. Wll here I am one day out of surgery and I am still feeling the spasm. I had my first BM this morning and hopped right into the bath afterwards. Once I got out and came to chill on the coach, the same old pain set in and was very severe. It feels like the exact same pain. Did anyone else out there that has had success with a LIS have spasm pain afterwards and than have it settle down. I'm so scared that the sugery didn't work. Please someone tell me there's still hope.
Thanks
Bummed Out
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: OMG I finally was able to join

Postby Fissulyna » 06 May 2009, 21:28

Hey - welcome Image and do not be scared !!! Yes, it can happen. I know that Kim had spasms for at least 7 days after his LIS and he healed just fine : ))) !! Also, I had spasms after my second LIS and was freaking out thinking that I made things worse with another surgery and spasms went away in about 2 weeks I think. I used Valium to control them (my CRS prescribed it). he said that sometimes butt reacts that way to trauma after surgery and that it goes away !
I certainly hope that yours will also go away very soon !!!!In the meantime take those baths and try to relax and you can try Valium too or either Nitro or Nefidapine cream to help you go over that "rough' couple of days ...
Best of luck Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 07 May 2009, 02:54

Please do not be bummed out just yet !
It sure sounds like your bum bum has gone into shock and who could blame it after such probing ! Image
Do rest up and avoid sitting on your bum bum, take as many baths as you can this will help with spasms and increase the blood flow to the area to allow healing, take your pain meds too they help ease pain and the inflammation.
Please do not worry Image reserve your energy for healing and have a positive mind set about your healing, that goes a long way ! Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 May 2009, 05:16

Hi T, and welcome! That does indeed sound like a bummer! It just may be too early to tell, as Fissy and Tabby have suggested. But you are right, the while idea is for LIS to end the spasms, and you know what your spasms feel like, if they are still present that is not a good sign. Actually, while I had a rough and somewhat painful recovery for the first week after my LIS, my spasms were gone, like they should have been.
Fissy needed a second LIS for full healing, and Juney had multiple LIS without ever fully healing. But most people don't need more than one LIS, and hopefully that will be your case, but if you are still having them today then you definitely need to call or return to your CRS pronto and let him/her know what the heck is happening (or not happening, as the case may be).
Deleted User 5

Postby Bummed Out » 07 May 2009, 07:02

Hey guys thanks for your replies. I called my doc's office yesterday and got some stronger pain killers, so those have been helping with the pain. I also told them about how I was feeling and she said I just had trama to the area (surgery) and that I should give it a few days to heal up a bit and settle down. I liked Fissulyna's response that said she still had some spasming, as well as someone else on here. I have to believe that for now and that that will be my case. I can't stand the thought of having to deal with more of the pre surgery pain and than going through another LIS. Wow that's just too much to bear right now. I was so scared and couldn't believe that I actually went through with it. This has to be the answer......
Bummed Out
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 07 May 2009, 07:49

Hi Bummed Out,
I just want to say hi and I hope you feel better soon. I had LIS three months ago and am not healed yet, although am much better than pre-LIS. I too have occasional spasms, but they don't last long. Keep your head up and try to stay positive and take lots of baths!

Postby pinky » 07 May 2009, 09:20

Image Too bad you are still having spasms after LIS.I had LIS seven and a half months back and my recovery was rough.i didnt have any spasms but soreness and burning pain for some time.
Dont be disheartened now.Only time will tell if LIS has worked or not.Till then,do follow the advice given above from others and hope for the best.I do hope you will get better soon.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 08 May 2009, 06:24

Welcome to the board! Anal surgery is just about the hardest things to recover from. You can't immobilize since you have to poop and it get dirty every time you poop. So healing can be a bit up and down. I am sorry to hear about your spasms but it sounds like normal spasming after surgery. I have had several anal surgeries (not lis though) and remember the spasms. Ouch.
Surgery isn't a quick fix-you still need time to heal now from your fissure.

Postby Bummed Out » 08 May 2009, 13:30

Just me checking in again to read up on some more fissure experiences. I did quite well yesterday (which was 48 hours post op), but than again today I had a BM and the pain after for 2 hours was dibiliating. I got 2 baths in that time period and took a pain killer and finally felt better. At least the pain doesn't last 9 - 12 hours like before LIS. Is it normal to have a lot of pain after a BM after surgery?
Bummed Out
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 May 2009, 13:45

It depends on the person -- everyone has widely differing post-op experienced, BO!
My BMs were pretty rough for about 4-5 days after surgery, I always took my painkillers before my BM so they'd kick in by the time I needed them, and jumped right into the hot tub.
Just hang in there, any day now things should turn the corner!
Deleted User 5