OMG!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

OMG!!!

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2006, 10:06

Yesterday was the worst day that I've ever had with these @$%#$@% fissures! It really got going around 11 am and I didn't get anything resembling relief until almost midnight....I spent about four of those hours in tears :( :(
Of course, I had quite a few things that I "had" to do yesterday and not one of them got done. Image
My behind is still pretty tender this morning and I'm a little scared to do anything, just in case.
I'm supposed to be my oldest daughter's (13, well 14 in 10 days as she's counting down:) Confirmation sponsor on Sunday so I am praying that I'm feeling much better by then.
I honestly cannot even imagine living with this affliction much longer. WHY can't there be more to do?!?
Well, thanks for listening! I hope all's well with everyone.....
ttyl,
Sara

Re: OMG!!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Nov 2006, 10:27

If I recall, you weren't doing so well Wednesday, either. :| Hope you've been "sitzing."

How was the consistency of your BMs? Hard, normal, soft, mushy? Image

Have you eaten anything out of the ordinary over the past 50 or so hours? Is it near that "time of month" (perhaps hormonally induced)Image

Take it easy and try to keep your chin up, girl! I had another rough morning following a mushy BM, and I'm still sore as heck! We'll get through this together!

One thing that really worked for me when I had a baaaaad episode last August was loooong sitz baths in which I refreshed the water with new, hot water every 15 minutes or so. Maybe that will ease you off.Image

Keep us posted, we're thinking 'bout cha!

Hugh:joker:
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2006, 16:16

Hi Hugh,
Thanks for the pep talk :) Today has not been nearly as bad as yesterday. I took my vacuum up to my Mom's and got her house straightened up and it wasn't too bad. I just tried not to do too much bending or moving of furniture!
I took my first bath in over 1 1/2 yrs. a few days ago.....husband started "working" on the tile and somehow never got back to it :roll: Its still not actually done but at least the tub is usable. My four yr. old can't wait to take a bath....she doesn't remember ever having one before!!
So anyway, I've just been using warm water so far and I was going to ask you guys what you put in your baths. I would really appreciate your tips.
Have a nice weekend everyone....ttyl,
Sara
Oh, I forgot to answer the food and BM questions....It seems when the pain is really bad, I get sick to my stomach so I actually didn't eat anything from about 2:00 Wednesday until 8:30 this morning. The pain got bad after yesterday morning's BM, although it was soft so I don't know what the trigger was. Just lucky I guess :joker:
Well, as usual my baby girl is paging me so I've got to run.

Postby Cheryl » 18 Nov 2006, 07:05

Hey Sara
Sorry to hear that the pain has been quite bad for you.. All I can recommend is the warm baths (I put salt in mine) keep your eating regular to try to keep regular BM's, (avoid not eating, i think that would make it worse) keep the bottom clean and unscented baby wipes when you have a BM (is much gentler than toilet paper)
If you are in such bad agony for such a long time, perhaps consider going back to your Dr and asking some more advice on possible treatments.
Also, dont be afraid of surgery - i usually like to think of srgery as a last resort, but if the pain is not managable - its worth thinking about.
I am so glad I had the op - I am still pain free, it has been nearly 4 wks since I had it done.
anyway, keep your chin up, and make sure you have those warm baths, they truly do help.
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Cheryl » 20 Nov 2006, 23:06

Hows the pain coming along Sara, Is it getting any better? I hope so.. :)
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2006, 03:02

Sara - I can hear you loud and clear, I have been in tears too.. im not sure what we've done to deserve this pain, but I sure do hope it gets better soon. Its becoming so hard to live your everday life with this thing isn't it?
I hope you feel some relief very soon.
Annie