Our Surgery Stats

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Our Surgery Stats

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2011, 12:51

Thanks Matt!
We've had a ton of folks who had LIS this year and I've never saw this poll until recently.
I voted 2nd option.I suffered for a week or so with pain, and took up to a month to feel back to normal. My post-op was much better than living w/ the fissure. I've not felt fissure pain either. The last time I felt my fissure was the day before my surgery! Just a bruised feeling like you said. Kind of like somebody punched me in the arse.
Last edited by Guest on 09 Aug 2011, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2011, 12:56

I should add I had a skin tag removed also.
I think it would be a good idea if others who vote in this poll could state if they had straight LIS or other procedures (fissurectomy, hem removed, etc.) were involved also.

Postby Bambi » 09 Aug 2011, 08:31

I hopefully didn't skew the results a little- I ended up going with option 3, pain for a month and beginning then to start feeling back to "normal". In reality, it was somewhere in between there and like Dawn I had a skin tag removal as well and that was more a source of irritation than the fissure at all. And I did have some pain with bowel movements for up to that first month, but it was mild pain from the incision site and NOT fissure pain.
Wow- I'd like to have been able to pick the first option and I'm very happy to see that so many have been able to!
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby RedCharger » 09 Aug 2011, 20:49

This needs to be a sticky. It would help give insight and a real world snap shot of those who have had the proceedure. This would be useful for people both considering LIS as well as those who have had it.
RedCharger
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Elphie » 10 Aug 2011, 09:22

I voted for 1 week of pain and a month to feel normal...well, as normal as it gets.... I still have hemmies and had a retear after lotsa popcorn at the theater but the burn is not back, hope I never feel that again. Im having my first vacation after LIS, spent two solid days in the car, no burn. I hope all u sufferers out there get back to life soon!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Deleted User 579 » 10 Aug 2011, 12:39

I also voted for 1 week of pain and 1 month to feel normal. I had skin tag removal and a complication (an abscess that formed a fistula one month post-op, caused by the surgical incision). I was definitely feeling about 90% back to normal when the complication developed. I had a fistulotomy for a low, superficial fistula on June 27th and I'm now feeling 98% back to normal (KOW!).

Elphie! It's nice to hear from you! I'm so glad you are doing so well. Have a great holiday and stay away from the popcorn! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby alpinestrawberry » 17 Aug 2011, 09:21

I don't think it would be quite fair for me to cast a vote, I'd skew the results! Initially I seemed to get over the acute pain phase pretty fast, and things were going well. But I had a retear, I think a month after the surgery (can't quite remember when) and then another retear around two months or so after.
But now all seems to be well...it's been over two months since I've had a tear anyway...and I just feel better and better all the time. What a slow healing process this can be!
Anyway, if there was an "I suffered for a week with the pain, and took up to five months to feel normal again" that's the one I'd vote for.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Deleted User 579 » 17 Aug 2011, 09:39

Hi Alpine! I'm so happy that you are feeling better! You sure had quite a battle, and you deserve to feel great now. I hope you're having a great day. :D
Deleted User 579

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 03 Aug 2013, 14:51

Hi,
I voted a mth of pain before I started to feel normal. I had LIS, fissurectomy & tag removal. Fully healed in 7 wks :)
Deleted User 2543