post LIS Blood (!!)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

post LIS Blood (!!)

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Jan 2007, 15:37

I never used to bleed much, before the LIS. But if and when I had an afternoon BM, I'd usually notice a little blood. Today I had an afternoon BM and had as much blood as ever! Quite a bit.
My question for all you post-surgery folks...G, Annie, Cheryl, Giz...did this happen to you after your surgery and for how long?
Hugh
Deleted User 5

Re: post LIS Blood (!!)

Postby Cheryl » 10 Jan 2007, 17:14

hmmmm ??? Did you feel pain with your bleed? Could you compare it to the pain and bleeding before the op?
I only bled an itsy witsy bit on the toilet paper in the first say week after the op, only it was just dabs on the paper, no BLEEDING as such.
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Jan 2007, 20:02

Well, I don't recall ever having quite as much blood as today. But, it still would not be a lot...There was no blood in the toilet water, or anything. Just on one of the stools, and smeared on the toilet paper. Bright red, which is good...so to speak, anyhow.
Hugh
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 11 Jan 2007, 13:16

me//only the first day..when i removed the cotton jambed in my but checks..
but i think my head start on my diet changes helped me 100%
fiber is my new friend...

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Jan 2007, 17:23

Well I "think" I know at least part of my problem. You all will scold me.
I've been having bad tension headaches everyday at the same time of the afternoon since my surgery. Not sure why, but no doubt I'm just stressed.
Well, having to go back to work with a bad headache was not something I wanted to do, so monday and tuesday I took a load of different analgesics...including aspirin.
No doubt the aspirin caused the bleeding. I'm not 100% sure of that, but this morning I had no visible blood.
I keep setting myself back... I have no willpower, I guess
Deleted User 5

Postby Cheryl » 11 Jan 2007, 19:00

Yeah Hugh I wouldnt be taking asprin, they will not help your wound heal... take some panadol, this is gentler..
Keep your chin up, your are doing really well! Image Are you still sticking with your good diet and your warm baths etc?
Im sure you are :D
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 11 Jan 2007, 19:09

yes from what ive been told asprin thins your blood...

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Jan 2007, 08:03

Stick to my diet for the most part. We have an excellent cook(s) where I work so I generally eat whatever meat is cooked, it is not red meat too often. Lots of cooked veggies, and of course, the pomegranates (about to go out of season) and bananas.

What is the rationale for avoiding red meat like the plague, anyhoos? I know it is not "healthy" for your body in general ( except for the iron it provides) but if I'm getting plenty of fiber, how does the red meat negatively affect my fissure? None of the "medical" advice says to avoid it entirely.

Been wondering this for a long time...
Hugh
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 12 Jan 2007, 09:30

i think the problem with red meats is that overall it doesn't make for a happy colon. maybe it doesn't affect the fissure in small quantities but in larger quantities if you don't have an adequate fiber amount in your diet can cause the hard and difficult stools to pass.
meat takes longer to break down in the body and thus too much seems to make one sluggish.
aside from other reasons not to eat meat, if you do, please consider using only organic; ie, most meat, poultry these days are doused with radiation, hormones, and who knows what else. we are not putting "good" stuff in our body.
nothing like a nice delicious fuddruckers 1 lb burger or a great filet mignon!
however, if you go for a while not eating actual red meat and substituting it with lean organic chicken, yummy healthy white meat fish, and lots of tofu, you can't go wrong. you will even feel better not eating meat.
even in the macrobiotic principles, meat is not totally excluded but it is recommended to stay away from it as much as you can. there are other ways to make up for protein needed in the body.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74