Post surgery appointment

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post surgery appointment

Postby Guest » 03 Jun 2007, 21:29

Last Wednesday I had my two week post surgery appointment. Seems as though everything is going well. I don't really have much pain anymore or anything.
The Dr. said that the fissure has healed and when he looked at the incision he made the comment.. "You can't even tell I was there." I thought to myself.. uh, not exactly. Image
Oh and yes that incision that I could feel close to the opening of the anus was where he in fact made the incision and now I can feel scar tissue forming over it. I have itching once in a while, but not that bad.
Overall, I think the surgery (so far) has been a success. :cheer:
Once again, thank you all for your support and constant advice. Image

Re: Post surgery appointment

Postby Guest » 04 Jun 2007, 06:34

That is wonderful news! Thanks for sharing it with the board. I am very happy for you and so relieved that you are starting to feel better.
Yes, that sounds pretty normal to develop some scar tissue. I wonder if vitamin E might be good to soften that up over time.
Try to stick with the fiber, water diet and stay on a routine that works for you. Didn't you say you were going on a trip soon?
Congratulations!:cheer:
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Jun 2007, 10:31

That really is great! Try to follow Lecia's advice and stick to the regimen. Now is not the time to have a setback!
I guess different surgeon's operate in different ways. The only cut I am aware my surgeon made was the actual LIS cut to the sphincter.
I hope you continue to do well!! Here's to ya!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 13 Jun 2007, 01:35

congrats!!!!! happy ending to a horrible story of pain!!!!!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74